Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

39 degrees and was snowing earlier but just a little sticking to the grass here in Central Wyoming. Supposed to down into the 20's tonight.
Yeah, it's snowing pretty good here now, but only sticking to the grass. It was 84 here yesterday, so it won't affect the roads. Might be 28 here tonight. Springtime in the Rockies! Yahoo!

I heard you guys were supposed to get more snow down there than we were.
Just 2.5-5" here, 8-10" further north and west. But you never know. Sounds like @JimP on the Western Slope is enjoying the brunt of it. Time for him to get out and shoot his rifle to prepare for the conditions in Africa! Ha! Ha! Ha!

It's been snowing all day but it has settled down. Still sitting at around 5 1/2 inches with 5 inches of water, it is a real wet spring snow. Looking at the radar it is starting to break up a little around me but it appears that it is socked in good up on the Divide at 12,000' east of me.

My rifle shooting will have to wait until I hit Africa. Last Friday I had a 3" group at 150 yards off of the sticks before the wind came up.

The snowfall total forecast last night was for 3-6”. So far it’s 10.5” this morning and still snowing. Yahoo!

214CFA35-B1E1-4277-8CFA-2EE1BBF4A1EE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just returned from a hunt in the Savé Valley conservancy in Zimbabwe, last week of May. I was surprised that the weather was almost identical to what we had back home in Saskatchewan. Daytime highs of 25-28, early morning lows of 10 or so. Very comfortable for hunting.

101 here in East Texas. Gone into summer mode-- up early for outdoor activities and chores and then back inside from noon till late afternoon.

TX…. It’s 100+ everywhere here. Hot & dry. Cry

It’s snowed last here here at Cape Romonzof Air Force Station Alaska June 12 :rolleyes:

B3AA90E9-CA68-41E3-92B2-F53461B44F4A.jpeg
7F44B5A2-C07D-4EEC-80BF-DE7C183B8E35.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Midwest is perfect temp right now. Green vegetation at 74 degrees.

We pay dearly in the winter for the short, fantastic summer season.
High 80s, low 90s last week. 78 today and high winds. Mid to upper 80s next week. Hot and dry. Humidity 20 - 30%.

South Texas is HOT & HUMID. It's miserable out from around 0900 until 1900. I've been trying to shoot the bow early in the morning, then in the afternoon as the sun is starting to go down. And as if the heat weren't bad enough, the wind is blowing 20 mph everyday, so the longer shots get tricky.
I will get a two week break from the heat though, temps in Kimberly for our hunt will be in the 30-40's at night and 55-65 during the day. WITH ZERO PERCENT HUMIDITY!
I think I'll wear my coat through the airport in San Antonio before boarding. :D:ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg