Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

100 degrees / 38 cent and no rain for six-weeks in my corner of south central Texas. Pasture is fried and corn will be pretty ugly.
You can move back to NoVA and deal with the humidity as well as the heat. :cool:

Grass is always greener...

97F with a real feel of 112 here in the land of Bourbon.

But having lived in Hell (aka Arizona) I disagree with the “real feel”. 112 is much worse.
Aye

I'll be in Phoenix, which is so named as it's perpetually about to burst into flames. Or so I've heard...

There’s not much “about” about it. And as BT says, make sure you’re drinking plenty of water.

1F5EECD2-F0FE-402C-A061-A805B86F5DFE.jpeg

Still some snow in the high country. You will need a jacket at times. If anyone wants to come out to cool down and help clear deadfall off the trails, you’re more than welcome. All that’s required is a strong back and weak mind! We will be checking and clearing trails every weekend between now and the end of July. Then in August, we will be setting up eight wilderness wall tent camps over the course of three weeks. Free food, drinks and lodging! Let me know!

Last edited:
98.6 now that the covid has passed...
Okay okay... Living between interstates 80 and 90 in the Northeast it's a wonderful June with ambient, outdoor air temps ranging from 75 to 80 Sunny with a nice breeze and typical short thunderstorms often at night. Simply cannot wait to be retired to fully enjoy it!!!

IMG_20220612_142006~2.jpg
IMG_20220611_161756~2.jpg
IMG_20220530_185243~3.jpg
IMG_20220530_203037~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 471310
Still some snow in the high country. You will need a jacket at times. If anyone wants to come out to cool down and help clear deadfall off the trails, you’re more than welcome. All that’s required is a strong back and weak mind! We will be checking and clearing trails every weekend between now and the end of July. Then in August, we will be setting up eight wilderness wall tent camps over the course of three weeks. Free food, drinks and lodging! Let me know!
If I didn’t have a full time job, I would volunteer for that any day of the week. Great looking country. :A Thumbs Up:

It’s just above freezing. The wind and the sunrise are at your back. The decoys are meandering nicely. The dog starts to whine quietly. Then you hear the ripping of wind through wings. Paradise.

It's hot as bloody hell here in Texas--after a lifetime I'm still not used to it. If it weren't for the grandkids I might think about moving...things are turning purple around here as well. I really envy you guys a little farther north and mountainous. Wait, who am I kidding--no one can afford to drive out of here with Biden's gas prices!

There’s not much “about” about it. And as BT says, make sure you’re drinking plenty of water.
I'm on vacation with my college buddies who've made the trip from the UK. I'll be drinking lots, but I'm damned if it'll be water!

Still, 2 days in Phoenix, then off to LA. Guess it'll be cool there by comparison.

View attachment 471310

Would have loved to....but you got those stupid bloody things with 4 legs as transport...so will give it a miss thank you.... :E Rofl:

Last edited:
Would have loved to....but you got those stupid bloody things with 4 legs as transport...so will give it a miss thank you.... :E Rofl:
Lol. This from a guy that used to slide around corners in a race car at Mach 2!! :P Driver:

I will give you a helmet to protect your noggin if you’re scared! What’s the problem, no life insurance?? :E Frightened: :giggle:

Lol. This from a guy that used to slide around corners in a race car at Mach 2!! :P Driver:

I will give you a helmet to protect your noggin if you’re scared! What’s the problem, no life insurance?? :E Frightened: :giggle:
I'm with Spike on this one. Race cars can be lairy, but horses are devil animals. I used to ride horses as a teenager. In a mere 3 years of hunting (UK hunting after artificial foxes) I broke an arm, a rib and got a concussion. Three separate incidents too.

I started doing track days on motorcycles after that. Much safer!

I'm with Spike on this one. Race cars can be lairy, but horses are devil animals. I used to ride horses as a teenager. In a mere 3 years of hunting (UK hunting after artificial foxes) I broke an arm, a rib and got a concussion. Three separate incidents too.

I started doing track days on motorcycles after that. Much safer!
Haha well I don’t know about that! I raced motocross for American Honda on a support ride. Broke tibia, fibula, elbow and had two major concussions (actually cracked a Bell helmet) in four different wrecks. Got to know an orthopedic surgeon on a first name basis. After watching me at a motocross race, my uncle told my dad, “That kid’s got more throttle than brains.” Lol. Horses - just one broken thumb!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!