Wedding etiquette?

I made the offer through my girlfriend and was politely told it wasn’t necessary.
Now that my chum is the result we were all looking for. Have smashing time at the wedding its just a shame its messing with your hunting season
 
I also plan to stay completely sober

Many of my cockups in life started with those famous last words…

Best of luck though. How long is muzzle loader season to still come right afterwards?
 
Many of my cockups in life started with those famous last words…

Best of luck though. How long is muzzle loader season to still come right afterwards?
Until the 15th of December
 
Just watched the neices wedding on a Zoom call. Now that this is a thing I am only attending the wedding of my three daughters in person in the future.

Hate weddings.
 
Good evening gentlemen, I have a conundrum and was hoping so of you gentleman could share some wisdom.

in early October I will be best man in a wedding, I have invited a date and am wondering if it’s appropriate to offer her money for wedding attire? It would be done with the best of intentions but the way the world is now I’m unsure if it will be interpreted as such You could offer to help with her attire, including dress wedding gown options, but I’d suggest asking casually rather than handing her money directly.
I think it’s a thoughtful gesture, especially if you want your date to feel comfortable and enjoy the wedding without worrying about the cost of her outfit. That way, she can decide whether she needs help without feeling awkward or pressured.
 
I should of clarified gentleman she’s a friend of my girlfriends whom Is just standing in because my girlfriend will be out of town. She has to take her father to an appointment with a specialist.

I’m in no way looking to gain liberties with the lady simply not looking for her to be out of pocket for what’s accentually a favour to me. Adding to that the wedding is an expensive affair that seems to be getting worse with every passing week. I’m over a grand into a suit now which I’m told will this week require a hat.

@norfolk shooter my gal hunts she’s already laid claim to the 25-20 @Bob Nelson 35Whelen has been trying to talk me out of.
For Christ’s sake make sure she doesn’t look too good in the photos! Otherwise there could be years of simmering concern. And, make sure your body language leans away from her at all times.

Whether to offer to help cover the wardrobe - you can’t go wrong to offer as she is doing you a favour.
 
Here's the best advice, carefully add up all the garments and accessories. Let's say for example, $600.

Take that same $600 and buy your self a new set of Courtney or Jim Green Safari boots. She will be raging mad and leave.

You will still have the boots for a lifetime of Safaris!!
 
Gentleman this is an old thread that has been dug up from the depths, I originally posted that five years ago. I’m sense married and not to the lady I question so while I greatly appreciate and respect all of your opinions we can probably leave this one to history.
 
I wouldn’t be too sure of that, this particular forum seems to be one of the last refuges for Sensible well adjusted men. Ex. 1 a younger man namely me can still feel comfortable asking a question such as this knowing that while there may be a difference of opinion it would not result in ridicule or insults. I’d wager not many forums can say the same.

All I can say is you are lucky I didn't see this when you first posted it.....I woukd have had a field day...... :E Rofl: :D Beers:
 
Women like money and shiny objects so you are probably OK; probably being the operative word cuz you never really know with women.
 
Gentleman this is an old thread that has been dug up from the depths, I originally posted that five years ago. I’m sense married and not to the lady I question so while I greatly appreciate and respect all of your opinions we can probably leave this one to history.
It’s the dead ones that get up and kill you.
 
I should of clarified gentleman she’s a friend of my girlfriends whom Is just standing in because my girlfriend will be out of town. She has to take her father to an appointment with a specialist.

I’m in no way looking to gain liberties with the lady simply not looking for her to be out of pocket for what’s accentually a favour to me. Adding to that the wedding is an expensive affair that seems to be getting worse with every passing week. I’m over a grand into a suit now which I’m told will this week require a hat.

@norfolk shooter my gal hunts she’s already laid claim to the 25-20 @Bob Nelson 35Whelen has been trying to talk me out of.
If thats the question I would let your girlfriend be the liazon between them. Ask your gf if her friend has what she needs or if she needs assistsnce.
Last thing you want is to start getting side eyed by the gf
 
All I can say is you are lucky I didn't see this when you first posted it.....I woukd have had a field day...... :E Rofl: :D Beers:
at some point spike we’ve got to spend and evening inebriated together
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,433
Messages
1,576,107
Members
170,516
Latest member
Jake496562
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top