Wanting a high accuracy 308 bolt action rifle what to get?

Look at the Bergara premier series. I have an hmr pro in 6.5 creedmoor and have been very pleased. It’s the first production rifle I’ve been impressed with in a long time.

Remington 700 20 inch AAC
Scrap the Hogue stock and drop it into an HS precision color of your choice. Change out trigger to a TriggerTech Special.
I have rigged out many like this and all shot well. If you could find an older production Remington 700 5R stainless that is the way to go also.

This isn't a suggestion for you, but it doesn't take a lot of money to get something accurate. I had my daughter at the range last week with her Savage Axis in Muddy Girl camo; it is a .308. She's a pretty fabulous shot anyway but the new load we were trying, you could have honestly covered a couple of her 3 shot groups with a quarter. Not a bad return on a sub $300 investment. Plus she thinks it's pretty. :love:

For price I don’t think Tikka T3X can be beat. Very smooth actions and great factory triggers that can be lowered to 2 lbs, accuracy is a given. I don’t doubt savage rifles are extremely accurate but I find it difficult to like the look of their rifles and I don’t like their actions or triggers. Tikka T3X is a relatively inexpensive rifle, but it’s still high quality. There won’t be any issues out of box from a Tikka.

I owned a bergara b14 hmr in 308 and it was an excellent rifle. You won’t notice the recoil and I thought it had a very nice trigger. The one downside is this model is a bit on the heavy side at nine in a half pounds. If you can swing a Sako S20 I would do it. That’s what I upgraded to and am really enjoying it. It’s similar to the bergara but is lighter at seven in a half pounds and more modular.

Browning X-Bolt good choice

I’ve got several that meet those requirements but the Sako 85 Classic is a beautiful rifle!
E62DFA47-385E-4ECD-BEC0-477E3B11614A.jpeg

Take a hard look at Bergara. As other have mentioned. Have one in 30-06 and an 18inch. 308. both are shooters and quality for the money. sub 1000 dollar rifles easy sub moa with factory

I am looking for a bolt action rifle in 308 capable of .75 moa or better 5 shot groups with a match round it likes. Any thoughts?
Besides the accuracy here are some features/qualities I am wanting. A smooth action feel with great reliability. Both CRF and push feed are fine don't care either way. Barrel length 20"- 24". 1 in 11.25" or faster twist. Great factory trigger or ability to replace with great aftermarket trigger. A stiff strong strait comb stock preferred (do not like some of the flimsy polymer stocks). NO muzzle brakes.
I can shoot 0.75 MOA with Tikka T3 tac, at 300 meters with quality factory ammunition of hpbt type.

If you do your part you will be able to make 0,50 MOA with same rifle. at 100m

Barrel lenght 23,75 inch, twist 1/11. Cal 308 win
That rifle fits your inquiry perfectly.

Wife and I have number of Bergara in various calibers. have base and premier models, all shoot well with factory ammo. Definitely in your price range and available with or without threaded barrels.

Not knowing the purpose for this rifle besides shooting little holes at 100 yds. I would look at which rifle guarantees their accuracy. The choices given above are solid, and if it was me, I would go with a Christensen Mesa, or a Ruger Precision Rifle.

Agree with the Ruger, would shy away from the Mesa. It will shoot the group if you can manage the rifle. With it being so light it will not be as fun to shoot off the beach. IMHO

Agree with the Ruger, would shy away from the Mesa. It will shoot the group if you can manage the rifle. With it being so light it will not be as fun to shoot off the beach. IMHO
Not in a 308. :unsure:

+10 on the Tikka T3x
I have one in ought-six & another in 6.5x55.

Both are gleefully sub-MOA rifles wearing simple SFWA 6x42s. Both rifles will hold .75" out to 800yds with my handloads. I have no reason to assume the .308 would be any different.

I have several rifles, less & more expensive, less & as accurate, but nothing I've come across yet beats the value for money, quality for cost & the factory triggers are simply superb. The factory polymer stocks are incredibly rigid & don't have that 'hollow' sound to them. The interchangeable sporting/vertical grip is a massive bonus.

20220318_223847.jpg

+10 on the Tikka T3x
I have one in ought-six & another in 6.5x55.

Both are gleefully sub-MOA rifles wearing simple SFWA 6x42s. Both rifles will hold .75" out to 800yds with my handloads. I have no reason to assume the .308 would be any different.

I have several rifles, less & more expensive, less & as accurate, but nothing I've come across yet beats the value for money, quality for cost & the factory triggers are simply superb. The factory polymer stocks are incredibly rigid & don't have that 'hollow' sound to them. The interchangeable sporting/vertical grip is a massive bonus.

View attachment 491202
Is there Velcro on the stock below the chamber? If so, what for? (I feel like I should know this, but I don’t)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddragontiger4d

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.