WANTED: South African Buffalo Hunt

so noted Heinrich.

Pleasure Jan

i did find a buffalo over 42" that has hard boss's and looks amazing. its a bit more than $10k but well worth the price.

i appreciate all the help guys

@tap did you book a hunt? Or do we have to wait for the derby results to find out? I am hoping in a just a few months you will be posting some pics of a big buff.

its pretty much a done deal. if i dont win then i will sell the horse and go anyways.

@LivingTheDream if your interested watch race 9 at sunland park on Sunday and watch xarlson. you can get a free account at twinspires.com and then watch the race live there. its the mine that bird derby. doug oneil and steve asmussen are shipping in some giant horses and by all means my horse is suppose to get crushed. hes at 20/1 odds. his name is carlson.

carlson had my old jockey who let him sprint from the gate his first 3 starts. he got horrible rides. he has a massive stride and is just now starting to mature. so we are going to finally hold him back and let him relax and let him run a long race. he is a big runner. just hasnt had a good chance going long yet.

ive had kentucky derby qualified horses before and when we bought this guy we though he was our best horse yet. im not sure what to expect but i really wouldnt be surprised if he surprises everyone.

cross your fingers and say some prayers for me.

Here is a big Buffalo hunted in Namibia on the Waterberg Plateau
46 1/6 inch spread - 110 total SCI points

full

full

full

Are these "farmed" bulls imported from
RSA? That's the rumor about Namibia, help balance & stabilize pricing.

@tap I love watching horses. Use to go to the track a lot. Always just enjoyed the experience. Will give it a look and I am definitely rooting for you!

Are these "farmed" bulls imported from
RSA? That's the rumor about Namibia, help balance & stabilize pricing.
The Waterberg Plateau National Park was established to resettle the species including Black and White Rhino, Buffaloes, Roan and Sable Antelopes.

The Waterberg Plateau is the only place in Namibia South of the Veterinary Cordon Fence, which was erected the early 1960s, where you will find a Buffalo population. The second place where you will find disease free Buffalo is the Tsumkwe population, north of the fence, in Bushmanland area, which were isolated from Botswana by the international boundary veterinary fence. Most of this group died of thirst and starvation and, by 1988, the only survivors were 18 of the original herd which later formed the nucleus for the present foot and mouth disease-free herd in Tsumkwe. It is significant that, up until the time of their quarantine in 1996, this herd had been in regular contact with cattle without transmitting the disease. One animal was destroyed because it tested FMD positive but the present herd is remarkably free of various diseases and is commercially valuable.

Fg12-Present distribution.gif

Waterberg Plateau National Park disease free Buffalo
Data is available for the years 1988-1992 and 2000. The last estimate for the present population was 184 in the year 2000. The introduction of 48 buffalo took place between 1981 and 1991 at an average rate of 5 per year (Erb 1992).

• Most animals came directly from Addo National Park in South Africa
  • 11 came from from Willem Pretorius Game Reserve in the Free State in 1985-86 (presumably these animals originated from Addo stock)
  • 4 were buffalo of East African origin imported from a Czechoslovakian Zoo in 1986.

A thread posted on AH back in 2010: Hunting Concession Opens on Waterberg Plateau National Park in Namibia: https://www.africahunting.com/threa...erberg-plateau-national-park-in-namibia.2019/

Good luck on your hunt tap!

Good luck on the hunt Tap, have a great honeymoon.
We all take different hunts at different times for different reasons, with a wife, a nice lodge or nice tented camp, a certain budget, a quality and size goal, and knowing taxidermy and export costs are reasonable, then South Africa is a great option.

The Waterberg Plateau is a premier hunting area, few will ever be ever to hunt the area. Permits are limited. The prices match how exclusive and great the hunting is there.

To hunt the best areas normally match a certain price range you are right @enysse

Good day Sir
I have a South African buffalo hunt available on a government reserve. There are hundreds of buff and we have taken Bulls up to 42" with some hard work . If this is something you would be interested in send me a PM
Hunting regards
Dave

Just seen the requirements for photos . Being a free range area there will be all shapes and sizes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg