Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI Member
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
WTB Federal Black Cloud TSS BB&7 Ammo (Part# PWBTSSX142 7BB)

I have a good supply of the 3&9 version of this for Duck I found at Rogers Sporting Goods for a reasonable price. I've been looking for the BB&7 to use on Goose but have come up empty handed. I'll be sending an email to Federal to see when to expect this in stores. I know it's early to be looking at waterfowl loads, but I like to pattern my shotgun/choke/ammo for best results. Anyone who knows a supplier would be appreciated. Looking to buy at least 100 shells (without being gouged on the price), but would be happier with 200. Of course I will pay shipping. Thanks for looking and enjoy your Sunday.

1652609315124.png

20220515_100239[1].jpg

I have two boxes I'll part with. Older 6 years or so but always stored in climate controlled gun safe.
(Goose hunting buddy passed and I haven't gone since)

@Badjer - I appreciate the offer, but what I'm looking for and what you are offering are not the same. The latest and greatest for most shotshell ammo is TSS (Tungsten Super Shot). Federal blends the smaller TSS pellet with a larger Flitestopper steel shot to make the shells I'm looking for.

Hang on to that FS Steel, it's good medicine for big honkers. Thanks again.

No problem... thought I'd ask.
I don't see me using it. My buddy had the landowner contacts...

Last edited:
@BeeMaa
I checked all my suppliers and non available. I have it back ordered, will let you know if I get any.

Mark

Have you hunted with this stuff yet? I’m very interested in trying TSS.

Have you hunted with this stuff yet? I’m very interested in trying TSS.
No, not yet. I’ve seen some impressive performance on ducks and geese via YouTube. An outfitter named Bobby Guy is sponsored by Federal and geese fold up when hit with this stuff. Lots of ShotCam footage. My friend dropped a turkey DRT using Federal TSS Heavyweight #7, so I know it works.

The science behind it is sound, it makes perfect sense. More dense means you can use smaller pellets. The same way (inverse) that when people had to shift from lead to steel for waterfowl, they had to go up in pellet size to obtain the same results because of reduced density.

The biggest drawback is the price. But if you kill it clean with one shot vs shooting 2 or 3 times at the same bird…cost swings back in favor of the TSS. Either way, you should only be taking ethical and accurate shots. Realistically, we all miss so having a box of cheap shells for finishing is a good thing too.

Last edited:
BeeMaa,
I missed the TSS in the title and I also missed the thread from January "TSS ammo... is it worth it?" < smh> However, since I am in the Mississippi flyway and I end up in the ammo section in every store I visit that has one... I'll keep me eyes open

Thanks @Badjer

Yeah, I started that TSS thread a while back. I’m on the TSS bandwagon but understand why others are hesitant.

I would like to thank @Mark Biggerstaff for the hook up on some Black Cloud TSS BB&7. If anyone else is looking for some, you should not hesitate...this stuff can go quickly.

Thanks again Mark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.