Wanted CZ550 .458 Lott Take Off Barrel

He absolutely is! Unfortunately he doesn't have a take off .458 lott barrel.

Does anyone happen to have a 458 lott cz550 take off barrel laying around?
You might as well buy a used cz just for the barrel and sell the action and the stock. What do you need it for. Will a cz 416 Rigby barrel work. I have factory take off i bought before they compleatly stop making them.
Krish

You might as well buy a used cz just for the barrel and sell the action and the stock. What do you need it for. Will a cz 416 Rigby barrel work. I have factory take off i bought before they compleatly stop making them.
Krish
I apologize for the late response to your question. I have a virgin cz550 complete receiver I bought when the last batch popped up on gunbroker. The bolt face is 375 h&h so to avoid modifying the bolt I figured the biggest caliber I can squeeze into the receiver is 458 lott. I have a cz550 in .416 rigby and absolutely love it so I wanted to do another large safari caliber. Originally the plan with this receiver was build a 505 gibbs or 500 Jeffery before I realized how much meat needed to come off the bolt face.

Last edited:
I understand. It will run you $800 for a cz 550 458 lott barrel. I believe it is new. I paid 700 for it to build a 450 rigby with it. Bought reamers and all. But ended up buying Mauser 98 expert for 13k+ from JD outfitters on gun broker. I can sell you that barrel if you want for $800 + you pay shipping ffl to ffl.
Krish

After thoughts i dont need an ffl to ship it as it is only a barrel not an action.
Krish

Picture. Cz 550 458 LOTT barrel.
20230719_005032.jpg

I understand. It will run you $800 for a cz 550 458 lott barrel. I believe it is new. I paid 700 for it to build a 450 rigby with it. Bought reamers and all. But ended up buying Mauser 98 expert for 13k+ from JD outfitters on gun broker. I can sell you that barrel if you want for $800 + you pay shipping ffl to ffl.
Krish
Goodness, that barrel is gorgeous! Unfortunately I can't swing that currently. I didn't realize they were so much more than the 416 rigby barrels. 100% not doubting your price, I just didnt know. I truly appreciate your willingness to allow me to buy such a rare barrel though.

I get it. I am glad you did not take it. I was not sure i wanted to sell it. Good luck in your search.
In my openion building 458 lott on the action you
have is not cost efficiant. Better to build a 404 jeffery or 500 jeffery.
Krish

Thank you for the kind words. Is there enough meat on the 375h&h bolt face to open it up to .575" for the 500 jeff in your opinion? Its .043" bigger.

375 bolt of cz can be opened up for 404,416,or 500j. Cz built 505 on the same bolt. It is not just the bolt. You may need feed rails, magazine and magazine follower work as well. In my openion 404j is the best option. Next is 500j.
Krish

Another member got the same action you got and sent it to AHR to build 404j .it ill cost you from 7 to 8k on top of what ypu paid for the action.
Krish

I would recommend buying one of Krish’s complete rifles. You will be way ahead, especially if you send it to Wayne for upgrades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerleneB25

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double