AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Anyone got an extra laying around, skinners completely destroyed mine.
Thanks,
Cody

Thanks,
Cody

The skinners or the taxidermist?
The blame game....each blaming the other for your destroyed hide.

This seems to warrant further details on who you hunted with and who is your taxidermist for the bushbuck.

Is this an isolated incident or a routine?

Thanks,
Cody
Cody,
Are you looking for one that is already in the USA?
Sure I can find you one in good time. We have the odd one of them around our area here;)
Sure that we can find a way to get it to you if you were interested.

The skinners or the taxidermist?
The blame game....each blaming the other for your destroyed hide.

This seems to warrant further details on who you hunted with and who is your taxidermist for the bushbuck.

Is this an isolated incident or a routine?
This guy has mounted around 20 animals for me, he did an amazing job on a OZ buffalo that was in horrible shape. Regardless of who did it, shit happens and I’m not pissed off at anyone. Now if it were a bongo or LDE it would be a different story and I would have been in the skinning shed watching!
Looking at the hide, it appears to be damaged during skinning and fleshing. I had a great hunt and shot this bushbuck on Father’s Day with my son there and that’s the main reason I want him mounted.

Cody,
Are you looking for one that is already in the USA?
Sure I can find you one in good time. We have the odd one of them around our area here;)
Sure that we can find a way to get it to you if you were interested.
Thank You Marius!
I might have one here in the states, and that would save you the hassle. Sure appreciate you helping though. All else fails I could always come shoot one at KMG next time I visit RSA.
Cheers,
Cody

My crate will be shipped in the next month or so. I don’t plan on doing anything with this particular bushbuck cape, just using the skull this time around so you’re welcome to the cape if you want to wait that long. One ear was slightly split, but otherwise was in good shape from what I can recall. You’ll need to have it tanned to see what shape it’s really going to be in but should be good considering who I hunted with and the experience I’ve had with Marius and his group doing the skinning on prior hunts. Was hunted with KMG July 2023.

PXL_20230604_102604745_Original.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MitchelMcE

Latest profile posts

Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!