Wanted 450#2 Die Set

SkullKeeper

AH elite
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
3,100
Location
Virginia
Media
35
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Hunted
RSA, Tanzania, Zambia
Does anyone have an extra set of 450#2 dies ? I’ve got a friend looking for a used but good set. Thank you
 
I have a set of RCBS dies in that caliber. Exc -new condition. $285 shipped
 
Thank you sir. I will see what my friend would like to do.
 
I have stopped answering posts when follks are in need for just this reason. I mean a fella comes through with the item needed and the one in need, with perhaps a $25,000 rifle, tries to save $35. I have a set, too, and boxes of brass in several calibers that are not in production any longer, and will sell them at gun shows or let them gather dust rather than do this again. If the price was $285 OBO then fine. If just $285 (which is a good price) buy 'em or not. Better yet, you can save some money with CH Tool dies. They are good quality and the $35 saved can be spread over the 2 1/2 year back order. Hell, if he won't buy them for $285, I will. PM for payment details and I'll send a check. Unless, for course, you would take $280....?
 
I have stopped answering posts when follks are in need for just this reason. I mean a fella comes through with the item needed and the one in need, with perhaps a $25,000 rifle, tries to save $35. I have a set, too, and boxes of brass in several calibers that are not in production any longer, and will sell them at gun shows or let them gather dust rather than do this again. If the price was $285 OBO then fine. If just $285 (which is a good price) buy 'em or not. Better yet, you can save some money with CH Tool dies. They are good quality and the $35 saved can be spread over the 2 1/2 year back order. Hell, if he won't buy them for $285, I will. PM for payment details and I'll send a check. Unless, for course, you would take $280....?
Hey Cal - it’s Martin here. I get your rant - I was just checking for a friend that’s building his own rifle. He doesn’t live in the states hence my inquiry for him. I know we all get flustered with the nickel and dime stuff sometimes- understandably so. The motto “gotta pay to play” didn’t come about for nothing. I, of all people, didn’t mean to get upset about anything. Anyhow, all good here. Talk soon!
 
No worries, mate. I've had over half dozen folks contract me for brass they need and can't find. I sell the boxes of new brass for $100. The gents get angry or don't reply. Hell, I paid $75-80 a box when the prices were rising. It's 40 miles to the post for a box and to mail and another 40 to the bank to cash their check so I thougth 100 was fair. Maybe I'm out of line, but I stopped adveretising brass and now tell folks I'm out to avoid the hassle. I put my 1980s BELL brass out and it sold within days at twice that price in 450 no2 and 475 no2, 500, 577 and 600. A gent who hunts the big 4 in Tanzania with a London sidelock needed 475no2 dies. My set could almost meet his needs but he would not buy them unless I discounted $20. I passed on the sale. I guess I'm too old and grouchy.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,570,742
Members
169,003
Latest member
omarosca1985
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top