Victoria Falls

D-Orcutt

AH veteran
Joined
Sep 15, 2021
Messages
189
Reaction score
262
Media
17
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Europe
1
Any plains game hunts close to Victoria Falls, trying to do a sightseeing/ hunting vacation with the lady?
 
We just flew out of JNB and spent 3 days at Victoria Falls, then back to JNB to be picked up by the PH for hunting. Left anything we didn't need in Zimbabwe at Africa Sky for the 3 days.
But I'm sure you could find an outfit to hunt with in Zim or Botswana.
 
We just flew out of JNB and spent 3 days at Victoria Falls, then back to JNB to be picked up by the PH for hunting. Left anything we didn't need in Zimbabwe at Africa Sky for the 3 days.
But I'm sure you could find an outfit to hunt with in Zim or Botswana.
Was thinking about just staying after the sightseeing to hunt my girlfriend can’t take 2 weeks off. She wants to watch me hunt but not for 7 days, what all did you do around Victoria Falls
 
We toured the falls, took a day trip to Chobe, and visited an elephant preserve. I'll have to research to remember which one. Might have been booked through shearwater adventures
 
I looked back at our timeliness. We only spent 2 days there. I think the elephant rides were at the Stanley and Livingstone preserve. We also did a relaxing Zambezi river sundown cruise.
 
I did an elephant hunt less than an hour out of Vic Falls about 5 years ago, where I hunted, there were no animals other than elephant. I believe I was in what they call a 'communal' area?
 
Is there a chance that you take a few days 2 to 3 days and spend it together at the falls.
schedule an evening dinner river cruse, helicopter flight over the falls, tribal village and then do the game drive at the nearby park. that is doable in 3 days and you will not be rushed. do the river curse on your first day and do it again if you really like it.

Then find an PH to take you for plains game and find one that has a great camp. Some are way better than others. Ask if they have a second vehicle to do game drives for your partner. this is always a hit. you go one way hunting and she goes a different direction for viewing.

Then ask if she would like to go on a proper tracking for some animal on you list.

you do not want to leave her on her own, for safety concerns.
 
We just flew out of JNB and spent 3 days at Victoria Falls, then back to JNB to be picked up by the PH for hunting. Left anything we didn't need in Zimbabwe at Africa Sky for the 3 days.
But I'm sure you could find an outfit to hunt with in Zim or Botswana.
Now that is a heck of a great idea;)
 
I hunt close to Vic falls
Drop Me a whats app or mail and we can see what we can put together for a few days.

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
+263778121842
 
I thoroughly recommend the white water rafting at Vic Falls. Its a lot of fun.
 
I was in Vic Falls this past July for 3 days between hunt in Botswana and East Cape. The Victoria Falls Hotel has a spectacular evening buffet with tribal dancing entertainment. Unbelievable great experience, way cheaper and better than tourist trap "Booma" experience. Enjoy your visit.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,256
Messages
1,570,866
Members
169,189
Latest member
TonyKwok5
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top