Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance, Wild Sheep Foundation, NRA
Hunted
US, Namibia, Tanzania, South Africa
I ready the sticky post on VAT tax refunds, but 1 still have one question (in a couple parts).

So potential VAT refund on products exported but not on services.... Clearly the daily rates of a hunt would be services. But are the trophy fees or any part of the hunt considered 'products' and therefore refundable? If so, how does one go about obtaining a refund as the 'product' is at the dip and pack facility. Just need to show appropriate receipts/documentation from the outfitter.

I'm sure it's too much to hope of that any part of this is refundable, but figured I'd ask!

I ready the sticky post on VAT tax refunds, but 1 still have one question (in a couple parts).

So potential VAT refund on products exported but not on services.... Clearly the daily rates of a hunt would be services. But are the trophy fees or any part of the hunt considered 'products' and therefore refundable? If so, how does one go about obtaining a refund as the 'product' is at the dip and pack facility. Just need to show appropriate receipts/documentation from the outfitter.

I'm sure it's too much to hope of that any part of this is refundable, but figured I'd ask!
Trophy fees are not subject to VAT tax, only wounded or non exported animals.

Thanks @jeff. At up to 20% rate, that makes a big difference!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanSiebenh

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary (417)860-5888
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross