Value of rifles

gearguywb

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
S. Africa, Namibia, Alaska, Germany
I apologize in advance if this is not the correct spot for this thread!

I have ran across a couple of CZ magnums in excellent shape. One in 375 HH and one in 416 Rigby. (as well as a Cabela's Winchester super grade lightweight 7x57, but wrong forum for that:))

I am in pretty good shape on both of these cartridges so these would be something I would put up for sale.

I have looked a bit at GB to get an idea of values but you guys have far more experience with this type of thing.

What would be a realistic and fair price to ask for them?

The 375 looks like new, with box. The 416 is in excellent shape but the butt pad has deteriorated (hardened) and it had a red dot on it at some point.

Thanks!

Not yet. Looked at them this week. Should be picking them up next. The 375 has the "american" (as I would call it) straight stock, the 416 has the more curved, drop stock.

Agree with @Luvthunt - tough to assign any kind of value without pictures. Just hold off until you have the rifles in-hand, then it will be much easier to make a fair comparison to internet pricing.

Pics of 375

IMG_6290.jpg
IMG_6291.jpg
IMG_6292.jpg
IMG_6293.jpg
IMG_6295.jpg

pics of 416

The only issue I see with the 416 is that the recoil pad is getting hard/deteriorating from storage. It is also missing the hood for the front sight. Does have the original test target and the "warranty" certificate in the box

IMG_6296.jpg
IMG_6290.jpg
IMG_6300.jpg
IMG_6301.jpg
IMG_6302.jpg
IMG_6298.jpg
IMG_6299.jpg

Last edited:
I paid $1500 for the exact 416 NIB three years ago. I have seen the same condition gun now go from $2200 to $2500 no more

@krish is who I'd talk to about CZ 550 values.. He's bought and sold quite a few of them I believe..

that said.. I agree with @Rare Breed .. I havent seen a 550 in decent condition in a big bore caliber go for less than $2200 in a while.. since they have been discontinued they are demanding more of a premium than prior..

pics of 416

The only issue I see with the 416 is that the recoil pad is getting hard/deteriorating from storage. It is also missing the hood for the front sight. Does have the original test target and the "warranty" certificate in the box

View attachment 596946View attachment 596947View attachment 596948View attachment 596949View attachment 596950View attachment 596951View attachment 596952
This one looks like it has peep sight aswell as qd mount for Red Dot. If it is NIB it could fetch 3k+. How ever some look for Amrican safari stock. Nothing wrong with Hogback. It is personal preference.
When they first came out you could get one NIB for 800 + or -. But it started to Go up in price at the. Tail end of manifacturing to well above 2900+ if you could get one.
Krish

Last edited:
Not to derail the thread, but I'd be interested in learning more about the "Cabela's Winchester super grade lightweight 7x57" if you get access to that one as well. In the meantime, you are getting great input from the experts here on the CZ's.

I have the 7x57 here as well. Will get some pics of it and post them up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulianneMo

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.