USA: Whitetail Buck

Christian Davis

AH senior member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
75
Reaction score
218
Location
North Carolina
Media
1
I was fortunate to harvest this whitetail buck on our little farm this afternoon. He's not a monster, but he's certainly a trophy to me, and I'm grateful for the experience of hunting him and taking him cleanly. I'll treasure him and the memory forever. Thank you for looking, and for indulging me in sharing the conclusion of a successful hunt!
IMG_20221204_160847.jpg
IMG_20221204_161329.jpg
 
Great buck! Where’s your place?
 
Very pretty buck!
 
Beautiful buck, well shot. Nothing like the feeling of walking up on your buck. Never, ever gets old. Congratulations.
 
He would be a trophy to me too in the NE Georgia Mountains.


I would put him on the wall.

I've stuffed two (Including my largest) that were not as nice as yours's today.



Congratulations!
 
Congrats. well done! Looks like good meat as well.
 
You have a really nice buck on the ground !

I would be very pleased to have gotten one like that this year and, I am from a place where big bucks are supposed to be plentiful. Good for you, congratulations! John
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You're missing a lot of critical information: firearm, ammo/load, shot distance.

Congrats on a very fine buck! Now, start coughing up those details...
 
What a great buck Christian, it is even more rewarding to hunt when you feel for the animal you kill. Enjoy the eating too.
 
Great buck Christian! I’d treasure him too. Congratulations on a successful hunt.
 
I was fortunate to harvest this whitetail buck on our little farm this afternoon. He's not a monster, but he's certainly a trophy to me, and I'm grateful for the experience of hunting him and taking him cleanly. I'll treasure him and the memory forever. Thank you for looking, and for indulging me in sharing the conclusion of a successful hunt! View attachment 503575View attachment 503576
Great Deer Congratulations
 
You're missing a lot of critical information: firearm, ammo/load, shot distance.

Congrats on a very fine buck! Now, start coughing up those details...
Good point Tundra Tiger! I used my Browning A-Bolt in .300 Win. loaded with 180 gr. Federal Trophy Copper I think right around 3000 fps. The shot was from my tree stand and was about 75 yards or so. The bullet did exit but seems to have performed very well. Small exit hole, minimal meat damage, and he ran about 50 yards and piled up.
IMG_20221204_161325 (2).jpg
 
What a great buck Christian, it is even more rewarding to hunt when you feel for the animal you kill. Enjoy the eating too.
Thank you! I definitely try to savor the experience, and to value being able to connect to and participate in the natural world through hunting. I plan to keep the backstraps and tenderloins whole, and the rest ground for tacos, spaghetti, burgers, etc. We love venison!
 
Awesome buck! Wish I had seen one as nice as yours. Was not to be though. Thanks for posting your photos!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,257
Messages
1,570,009
Members
168,789
Latest member
MarianoCol
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top