Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
USA (Kansas, Virginia, Texas)
Being from Kansas, I go home each year to see this nice older couple who feed me and call me son....I also preached for several small churches in western Kansas during the late 90s and early 00s who still support some work I do in Greece each year.

Every year I've gone back, with few exceptions, several of us go on a hunting trip to a ranch owned by a brother in Christ who is also an outfitter - Kurht Ranch in Edson, KS (shameless plug for my friend.)

Anyway, we all have a great time.

The group picture is, from left to right - Sean Rall, 15 (I prayed over him with his father the night he was born), Troy Rall (Sean's dad), me (the fat guy in the big hat), Macey (the good looking dog standing by me is actually Sean's dog - trained by him as well), John Faber (now a sophomore in college, has been making this hunt since he was 13 and his family have been some of my closest friends for nearly 20 years), and Macen Shull (also a sophomore in college, Sean's cousin, Troy's nephew) Troy's wife Jennifer took the picture and walked with us taking other pictures as well.

Each year the group is different, but is always a great time. A couple of years ago we also added the tradition of making dinner for several friends with the birds - the casserole and fried breasts were delicious, but the realization that we needed a picture of that came after dinner - sorry.

birds.jpg
cleaning birds.jpg
Great white hunters.jpg
hunters 2.jpg
hunters 3.jpg
hunters and birds.jpg
Macen and Sean.jpg
Heavy Brush.jpg
Good dog.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love, love, love a good pheasant hunt. The twin pheasant mount above my head sends condolences to the downed birds.

Glad you had a great hunt. Thanks for sharing the report and photos.

It looks like you are an old African pro. You have the "gun carry down" perfect.:)

Used to hunt them in ND. This late in the year they are WILD. Get a good snow and you could sometimes see over 1000 birds a day. Lots of fun. Bruce

Looks like you guys had a great hunt. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

I appreciate that your barrels are properly oriented -- side-by-side!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross