USA: Davis Mountains Aoudad Hunt With Hunter Ross Desert Safaris

Very nice Ram.... Hunter has a great reputation for guiding in TX!

Congrats Red Leg, you got a nice one !

Congrats, nice ram, I would love to do this hunt!

Congrats, sir. Very nice ram!

Congratulations. I call this the most underrated hunt in North America. Challenging and difficult at times. I believe all hard core hunters should try this free range hunt, guaranteed great time and a great trophy. Here's mind taken in the Davis mountains.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations. I call this the most underrated hunt in North America. Challenging and difficult at times. I believe all hard core hunters should try this free range hunt, guaranteed great time and a great trophy. Here's mind taken in the Davis mountains.
Great Ram!

@johnnyblues What a great ram.... looks well over 30+"
He is a good one. I forget exactly what he was but yes at least 32 on both sides and carried his mass well thruout.

Beautiful sheep! Aoudad are definitely on my short list of animals I plan on going after within the next couple years. I'm leaning more and more towards a DIY hunt though

Beautiful sheep! Aoudad are definitely on my short list of animals I plan on going after within the next couple years. I'm leaning more and more towards a DIY hunt though
Purely a function of land access. Most of their range (at least in Texas) is privately owned ranch land. Knocking on doors is not really an option.

Purely a function of land access. Most of their range (at least in Texas) is privately owned ranch land. Knocking on doors is not really an option.

Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love to do a guided one, unfortunately that might be a bit difficult to pull off on a student budget. I've looked into a couple places in NM that has them on private land or I've found a couple outfitters in TX that offer non guided hunts/land access for a reasonable price.

Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love to do a guided one, unfortunately that might be a bit difficult to pull off on a student budget. I've looked into a couple places in NM that has them on private land or I've found a couple outfitters in TX that offer non guided hunts/land access for a reasonable price.
Fully understand - been there was one - and a poorly paid junior army officer after that. NM has a really good draw and public access program (unlike my home state). Be sure and also look into the drawing for Ibex on and around White Sands. Wish you every success. Any such opportunity will be head and shoulders above simply killing one on a game farm.

Congrats on a well earned ram! Beautiful! The Davis Mountains are truly a special place. The country between Fort Davis and Balmorra is spectacular. Always dreamed of having a ranch out there to retire on. Love that country.

Congrats on a well earned ram! Beautiful! The Davis Mountains are truly a special place. The country between Fort Davis and Balmorra is spectacular. Always dreamed of having a ranch out there to retire on. Love that country.
Yes, but if you lived in a place like that, you would probably never get anything done, other than hunt!

Yes, but if you lived in a place like that, you would probably never get anything done, other than hunt!
Exactly!....and your point is????? LOL Growing big mule deer and shooting coyotes seems like a perfect way to retire! Come on LOTTO!!!!!!!

Exactly!....and your point is????? LOL Growing big mule deer and shooting coyotes seems like a perfect way to retire! Come on LOTTO!!!!!!!
And a 1000 yard rifle range instead of your short 200 yard range Wes! :)

Amen Brother! West Texas can grow some big ones too!

Attachments

• photo-179_zpsbb287f04.jpg
    photo-179_zpsbb287f04.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Copyof09LetterBRanch009-1.jpg
    Copyof09LetterBRanch009-1.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited by a moderator:
And a 1000 yard rifle range instead of your short 200 yard range Wes! :)
Out there, no need to stop at a 1000 yards! I like the way you think though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!