US Customs fees

ArmyGrunt

AH elite
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
2,332
Media
63
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
2
Europe
1
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Hungary
I was talking to another hunter yesterday about the upcoming safari. (33 DAYS!!!) (but I'm not exited at all...:p) He said he had heard at a local taxidermy shop here in the Little Rock, Arkansas area that the duties associated with ALL African trophies has increased. He gave some generic values that I don't necessarily trust. I asked if he saw it in a news letter, and he said yes, then named the taxi' shop.

I went online shortly after and did a web search. I scoured and searched the CBP website, and called the phone number on the page. I was directed to the voice mail of a doctor that apparently governs most of the trophy import regulation. She has not called me back as of this posting.

Have any of you seen anything in writing about the fee increase? I know there is the fiasco about certain trophies from certain countries (elephants) that are currently banned by Department of Fish and Wildlife Services, but I couldn't find anything else related on the interwebz.

Thanks for your help!
 
Army Grunt

Aside from your customary fees:
1. VAT
2. Dip & Pack
2a. Crating
2b. Insurance
3. Shipping - from Africa to us customs
4. Inspection - customs, DFWS & Ag
4a. Importer or broker fees
5. Shipping - from customs to taxidermy
6. Taxidermy expense
7. Shipping - to your home

I am not sure what fee increases they are or could be talking about...
 
I couldn't make a lot of sense of what he said, either. His general statement was "the cost of every animal coming in from Africa has gone up, like a thousand dollars. So, that meerkat might get really expensive." I can't fathom what might be the risen cost, unless DFWS chose to spike their inspection fees. Still no reply to the voice mail from yesterday.
 
Army, there are no duties on sport hunted trophies.
There is a duties on personal Items.
We do this 24-7 . If you need help let me know.

Best
Robert
 
When I return home from this set of military orders, I'll send you an email. I left my better laptop at home, brought the back up (crappy one)
 
Great, we're on the road this weekend and will be in the office on Monday.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,367
Members
169,546
Latest member
MariaCross
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top