Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Hungary
I was talking to another hunter yesterday about the upcoming safari. (33 DAYS!!!) (but I'm not exited at all...:p) He said he had heard at a local taxidermy shop here in the Little Rock, Arkansas area that the duties associated with ALL African trophies has increased. He gave some generic values that I don't necessarily trust. I asked if he saw it in a news letter, and he said yes, then named the taxi' shop.

I went online shortly after and did a web search. I scoured and searched the CBP website, and called the phone number on the page. I was directed to the voice mail of a doctor that apparently governs most of the trophy import regulation. She has not called me back as of this posting.

Have any of you seen anything in writing about the fee increase? I know there is the fiasco about certain trophies from certain countries (elephants) that are currently banned by Department of Fish and Wildlife Services, but I couldn't find anything else related on the interwebz.

Thanks for your help!

Army Grunt

Aside from your customary fees:
1. VAT
2. Dip & Pack
2a. Crating
2b. Insurance
3. Shipping - from Africa to us customs
4. Inspection - customs, DFWS & Ag
4a. Importer or broker fees
5. Shipping - from customs to taxidermy
6. Taxidermy expense
7. Shipping - to your home

I am not sure what fee increases they are or could be talking about...

I couldn't make a lot of sense of what he said, either. His general statement was "the cost of every animal coming in from Africa has gone up, like a thousand dollars. So, that meerkat might get really expensive." I can't fathom what might be the risen cost, unless DFWS chose to spike their inspection fees. Still no reply to the voice mail from yesterday.

Army, there are no duties on sport hunted trophies.
There is a duties on personal Items.
We do this 24-7 . If you need help let me know.

Best
Robert

When I return home from this set of military orders, I'll send you an email. I left my better laptop at home, brought the back up (crappy one)

Great, we're on the road this weekend and will be in the office on Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg