Unethical elephant hunt to be investigated

How did the video get leaked? I know a lot of us want to just say EFF YOU to the anti-s but for crying out loud, this is 2018, not 1955. Other than never posting anything anywhere, I don't know what the answer is concerning videos and photos but we're just shooting ourselves in the foot with this stuff.

Looks like a blast and good shooting to me. Dunno what the issue is.

How did the video get leaked? ...........
After seeing a Lion attack video taken by a smart phone of a video camera screen I am no longer surprised that anything with "entertainment" value gets onto the web.

The videographer of the Lion attack allowed someone to take their own copy while they replayed it on the video camera screen. (Notice the camera settings on the screen.)

Remember this one?

Farm workers taking video of a Leopard being axed, beaten, shot, etc. on a smart phone.
Around the world in seconds!
Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 08.14.40.png

I hope once this blows over the Namibian government comes to its senses. They profess to support hunting. A knee jerk reaction to 'public outcry' is not going help their interests.

To quote the article you missed:
"piles of monium burst loose"

Perhaps it was lost in the translation - Pandemonium broke loose.

Perhaps the author is describing the Ministers office and something is piling up in their office. ??
@BRICKBURN if anyone could organize this I think it would be you... What do you say to a petition: we get as many hunters as we can protesting the government position and supporting the hunters involved in this video? Send it to the Ministry of the Environment in Namibia. Or perhaps a simple email address we could flood with letters of support...

The incident and actions of the specific professional hunter caused incalculable damage to Namibia’s reputation as a one of the last places on earth where ethical hunting is still practiced.

This is a bunch of crap.
  1. What damage?
  2. One of last places where ethical hunting is practiced???
The bureaucrat who wrote this needs to get out more.

Ya know, I've always thought it would be cool to have a hunt videoed. Don't know that I ever will though as video is way too easy to use for bad reasons.

I wont stop taking and sharing pics amongst friends, but video may be my personal line.

This is a bunch of crap.
  1. What damage?
  2. One of last places where ethical hunting is practiced???
The bureaucrat who wrote this needs to get out more.

Who is NamStay? I’d like to hear facts of what is viewed as wrong about this hunt, not emotional hyperbole. I am serious, I’ve only shot one elephant myself and am obviously not an expert. NamStay, can you please provide specifics on what is unethical about this hunt? Thank you in advance!

Who is NamStay? I’d like to hear facts of what is viewed as wrong about this hunt, not emotional hyperbole. I am serious, I’ve only shot one elephant myself and am obviously not an expert. NamStay, can you please provide specifics on what is unethical about this hunt? Thank you in advance!

I don't believe @NamStay is saying the hunt was unethical. I believe he or she was just passing along the story.

@BRICKBURN if anyone could organize this I think it would be you... What do you say to a petition: we get as many hunters as we can protesting the government position and supporting the hunters involved in this video? Send it to the Ministry of the Environment in Namibia. Or perhaps a simple email address we could flood with letters of support...

It took a while to find the contact details for all these folks.

PLEASE BE POLITE WHEN YOU CONTACT THEM.

Office Of The Minister
Bag 13346, Windhoek

image.png

Minister
Hon Pohamba Shifeta

Tel: +264 61 2842335
Fax: +264 61 232057
pshifeta@met.na

Personal Assistant

Ms. Meriam Tjaimi
Tel: +264 61 2842302
meriam.tjaimi@met.gov.na

Deputy Minster
Hon Bernadette Jagger

Tel: +264 61 284 2332
Fax: +264 61 22 6380
dmsecretary@met.na

Personal Assistant to the Deputy Minister

Mr. Tonateni Shidhudhu
Tel: +264 61 2842336
Fax: +264 61 226380
tonateni.shidhudhu@met.gov.na

The mouth piece for the Ministry:

Chief Public Relations Officer
Romeo Muyunda
Tel: +264 61 2842840
Fax: +264 61 229936
romeo.muyunda@met.gov.na

I don't believe @NamStay is saying the hunt was unethical. I believe he or she was just passing along the story.

My bad, sorry @NamStay! Does anyone know what is seen as unethical in this video? I’d really like to know.

My bad, sorry @NamStay! Does anyone know what is seen as unethical in this video? I’d really like to know.

In all likelihood, anti hunters saw the video and published it through social media which was picked up by msm. People complained to the Namibian government and a knee-jerk reaction took place by a minister that knows nothing about hunting or ethics. African leaders make hyperbolic statements all the time. I don't read anything into the statement, other than the fact that the Namibian government is running scared, which is not a good long term omen for elephant hunting in Namibia.

Office Of The Minister
Bag 13346, Windhoek

View attachment 254861

Minister
Hon Pohamba Shifeta

pshifeta@met.na

Personal Assistant

Ms. Meriam Tjaimi
meriam.tjaimi@met.gov.na

Deputy Minster
Hon Bernadette Jagger

dmsecretary@met.na

Mr. Tonateni Shidhudhu

Romeo Muyunda
romeo.muyunda@met.gov.na
Awesome work! I tried to do this but could find an email link. Come on all, you know what to do.

@WAB Apologies accepted. Didn't say it was unethical, as @PHOENIX PHIL mentioned above I was just passing the news on. Thanks Phil (y)

For info, I grew up on a farm in Namibia, lived for years on a farm of which the last 5 were co-owning a Game farm myself where Trophy hunting was part of the running operation of the farm. Hopes this clears up a little bit of myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
@WAB Apologies accepted. Didn't say it was unethical, as @PHOENIX PHIL mentioned above I was just passing the news on. Thanks Phil (y)

For info, I grew up on a farm in Namibia, lived for years on a farm of which the last 5 were co-owning a Game farm myself where Trophy hunting was part of the running operation of the farm. Hopes this clears up a little bit of myself.

I’m a farm kid myself (Canada) but spent much of my adult life in Wyoming and Alaska. Sorry again for the confusion.

Office Of The Minister
Bag 13346, Windhoek

View attachment 254861

Minister
Hon Pohamba Shifeta

pshifeta@met.na

Personal Assistant

Ms. Meriam Tjaimi
meriam.tjaimi@met.gov.na

Deputy Minster
Hon Bernadette Jagger

dmsecretary@met.na

Mr. Tonateni Shidhudhu

Romeo Muyunda
romeo.muyunda@met.gov.na

Apparently all the Anti's got the email addresses on FB pages to abuse the staff.
So, the emails have apparently been shut down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg