UGANDA

Tibavati

AH member
Joined
Jul 23, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
20
Can I get an update on current conditions in Uganda?

Going in February.
 
What are you asking? Current conditions of what? Need to be more specific.
 
What are you asking? Current conditions of what? Need to be more specific.
Ebola related trouble with ingress, if any, and egress and returning to Joberg airport, in transit to Atlanta?
 
Most hunting and hunters will have finished up before the Ebola problems started this year, not sure how much feedback you’ll get. I’d make sure you book a flight that returns through a designated airport such as Atlanta or Washington Dulles. Going through South Africa is a long way to get to Uganda from US. The routes through Europe are much quicker. I was there in April. The hunting was great, but I’ve never seen a more densely populated country.
 
Most hunting and hunters will have finished up before the Ebola problems started this year, not sure how much feedback you’ll get. I’d make sure you book a flight that returns through a designated airport such as Atlanta or Washington Dulles. Going through South Africa is a long way to get to Uganda from US. The routes through Europe are much quicker. I was there in April. The hunting was great, but I’ve never seen a more densely populated country.
What country in Europe did you fly through? Airline? I would normally fly Emirates but that is not an option now.
 
What country in Europe did you fly through? Airline? I would normally fly Emirates but that is not an option now.
I flew through Brussels booked as a United flight partly on Brussels airways. I was originally booked on Qatar. My outfitter had recommended I fly Turkish airways, but I didn’t care for the schedule.
 
I flew through Brussels booked as a United flight partly on Brussels airways. I was originally booked on Qatar. My outfitter had recommended I fly Turkish airways, but I didn’t care for the schedule.
Where did you re-enter the US?
 
Washington Dulles. You can take firearms on that route for an additional fee with Brussels airways. I changed short notice so I opted to rent. My outfitter had Sauer 404s with Leica scopes so wasn’t so bad. I flew from and returned through Washington Dulles on my itinerary. You can take firearms easily on Turkish, but I can’t recall what US airports they fly from.
 
Washington Dulles. You can take firearms on that route for an additional fee with Brussels airways. I changed short notice so I opted to rent. My outfitter had Sauer 404s with Leica scopes so wasn’t so bad. I flew from and returned through Washington Dulles on my itinerary. You can take firearms easily on Turkish, but I can’t recall what US airports they fly from.
Did you consider KLM through Amaterdam?
 
Damn lol… .375 is now a travel agent
I almost chimed in asking what his fee was since all the other agents charge a couple hundred dollars for this info and handling everything.

On a serious note, if you’re traveling through JNB and you’re flying out of Uganda they will flag you at the airport. Multiple passengers on my June Moz to JNB flight had originated out of Uganda or the DRC at some point (not sure on timeline) and were announced by name upon landing, and again on the shuttle. Everyone else on the shuttle was asked if they’d been in Uganda or the DRC recently and those named passengers were escorted separately by an airport worker who asked for their passports. I’m sure there was some additional level of screening for them.
 
I’d just add that Turkish is a great airline and good with guns if that schedule fits you. They fly out of Dulles.
 
The hunting was great, but I’ve never seen a more densely populated country.
Is there cattle, and encroachment in hunting areas?
 
Is there cattle, and encroachment in hunting areas?
The reserve I hunted had very clear boundaries. No settlements but there are seasonal cattle that move through. I chartered in, but on the drive back to airport going west, it’s actually difficult to find a spot to piss without people walking behind you. Once you get closer to Kampala, it’s difficult to tell when one town ends and next starts. Very densely populated country. It’s a good thing there are hunting areas and parks that have been designated and protected.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,365
Members
169,344
Latest member
linebet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top