Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Has anyone seen one for sale anywhere? I see where one apparently did sell on GunsAmerica, don't know when, have emailed the seller. But last time I contacted Uberti USA they said March of this year.
I don't see any for sale anywhere. Anyone else have other info on these?
TIA

I have never seen one of these. Now that I have... I really want one. I just wish it would come in something like a 9.3x74R. The .303 is a great cartridge, but something about that gun makes me want to stalk boar in an ancient Hungarian forest, wearing my woolens... armed with a medium bore.

Believe they are only in .303 which suits me if I could ever find one. I have it on my email alert list on Gunbroker and have had no notifications of one ever being there.
The only one I have seen was on GunsAmerica and its long gone.
I think its a fairly light rifle and .303 will be plenty of kick for most of us. I have a No.1S in 9.3x74 and it kicks plenty!

On GB now
Screenshot_20201006-204245_GunBroker.jpg

There was one on Gunbroker a couple weeks ago. 303 British I believe.
Went and looked at my saved searches and found I had it listed only under lever rifles for some reason, which might explain why I never got a notice. I did find on google that GB did have one in July.

Never occurred to me to look for it as an 1885 without the Courteney!!! Good grief!! His BUYNOW is too rich for my blood. Will keep looking....

Beautiful rifle but is the rib removable? It looks like someone has mounted a picatinny rail on a classic rifle.

Yes it is, they offer a plain rib with rear sight as an extra option, but I think it comes with the stupid looking scope base.

A few retailers have had them listed on their websites but they never came in stock on the ones I was following. Maybe covid pushed back production? They’re made in Italy, right?

Uberti is Italy, yes.

They now have it in .45-70 as well as .303 British. I'm holding out for .275 Rigby (or 7x57).

I handled the rifle at the 2020 SHOT Show. It is beautiful.

I’m patiently waiting to get my hands on one in .303.... patiently honest, not in a rage at all because I can’t find one anywhere in canada...
@ Skinnersblade
There are a few for sale here in OZ mate but the price is a bit hexey at close to $3,000.
Beautiful rifles and watching YouTube they are also doing one in 7x57 If my Italian translation is correct.
Would love one in my 25 cal with a 28 inch barrel.
Bob

Guys, I'm gad there is buzz about this rifle. It was my actual brain-child and it started life hand-drawn in pencil, life-sized, on 3 stapled-together legal sheets, which I sent to the Uberti factory in 2017. The idea was to build a classic-looking stalking rifle of British flavor around an action we already made. I obsessed for quite a long time about the proportions, which is one of the parts with which I'm happiest.

Now, the first issue we had to get around was chambering. Originally, I had asked for .303, .30-06 and .270 Rigby. The hurdle was that Uberti would have had to pretty much reengineer the action to design a reliable extractor for rimless cartridges. So we decided to go with .303 only the first year, and to add .45-70 subsequently (with more to come depending on sales).

The other issue was the sighting. Did we want a rifle ready to be scoped AND with open, adjustable sights? Yes. Originally I had asked for simple drilling and tapping for a commonly-available base. But this turned into a nightmare due to the barrel contour. So, as a compromise, I went with a rib that was slotted for Weaver rings, which are commonly available, and that still contained the fully-adjustable rear sight. As a purist (which I am--look at my avatar), that made me aware that it was a compromise, but I wanted a rifle that was immediately usable. I also instructed the factory to provide me with an accessory plain rib that did not have the slots.

The price was already going up, so I stopped there without asking for more custom touches (e.g., a hammer with a spur wide enough to contain a screwed-in extension to be used with the scope mounted). All except the action was already 100% new--stock dimensions, barrel contour, sighting, sling swivel attachments, etc.

I was happy to see that a) writers loved it when I first showed it at SHOT 2019, and b) we can't keep it in stock.

I can assure you that there are many more coming. The Uberti factory is working at (some would say beyond) full capacity and they know that the Courteney is one of our "babies" that we want and we want done well.

If you have any suggestions on how to make it better, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best, and good luck

Tom

Guys, I'm gad there is buzz about this rifle. It was my actual brain-child and it started life hand-drawn in pencil, life-sized, on 3 stapled-together legal sheets, which I sent to the Uberti factory in 2017. The idea was to build a classic-looking stalking rifle of British flavor around an action we already made. I obsessed for quite a long time about the proportions, which is one of the parts with which I'm happiest.

Now, the first issue we had to get around was chambering. Originally, I had asked for .303, .30-06 and .270 Rigby. The hurdle was that Uberti would have had to pretty much reengineer the action to design a reliable extractor for rimless cartridges. So we decided to go with .303 only the first year, and to add .45-70 subsequently (with more to come depending on sales).

The other issue was the sighting. Did we want a rifle ready to be scoped AND with open, adjustable sights? Yes. Originally I had asked for simple drilling and tapping for a commonly-available base. But this turned into a nightmare due to the barrel contour. So, as a compromise, I went with a rib that was slotted for Weaver rings, which are commonly available, and that still contained the fully-adjustable rear sight. As a purist (which I am--look at my avatar), that made me aware that it was a compromise, but I wanted a rifle that was immediately usable. I also instructed the factory to provide me with an accessory plain rib that did not have the slots.

The price was already going up, so I stopped there without asking for more custom touches (e.g., a hammer with a spur wide enough to contain a screwed-in extension to be used with the scope mounted). All except the action was already 100% new--stock dimensions, barrel contour, sighting, sling swivel attachments, etc.

I was happy to see that a) writers loved it when I first showed it at SHOT 2019, and b) we can't keep it in stock.

I can assure you that there are many more coming. The Uberti factory is working at (some would say beyond) full capacity and they know that the Courteney is one of our "babies" that we want and we want done well.

If you have any suggestions on how to make it better, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best, and good luck

Tom
Just curious if it will be available in a traditional european stalking caliber like the 9.3x74R? That seems to me like it would be the classic of all classics.

Best, and good luck

Tom
@Tom Leoni
It is a beautiful rifle. My gunsmith did a custom mount for my lowall that is screwed on.
The only improvement I would like to see on your version is beautiful contoured octagonal barrel. That would be nice.
To make it usable for rimless cases look no further than the Browning B78, it's a copy of the hiwall for rimless rounds.
Bob
My lowall with custom mount
20200201_135400.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois