Turkey - Ibex

Going to have to look at that hunt

Spot on. Before recently joining an outfitting company specializing in Asian and European hunting, I owned and operated a sporting adventure travel business for 22 years advising and arranging big game hunting, wing shooting, and fishing trips in 40 countries. During that time, I developed so many tight relationships with hunters that their families would contact me for advice on gun and trophy room liquidation upon the hunter passing. In most cases, there was no one in the family to hand the stuff down to, and I would get a desperate call to help them. I most recently helped an 83-year-old widow of a deceased 93-year-old client-friend liquidate over 150 of his trophies and all the sporting items he had collected. It's a sad undertaking but helping comes naturally because they just don't have anyone to turn to and it's easy for them to get ripped off or bogged down for years looking for options. Today I hunt selected species and only mount the animals that I especially want to honor.

good stuff! Once a great place to hunt.

Exercise increased caution when traveling to Turkey due to terrorism and arbitrary detentions. Some areas have increased risk.

Location: U.S. Consulate General Istanbul Event: The Turkish National Police (TNP) has informed U.S. Consulate General Istanbul about a scheduled gathering outside the Consulate on Wednesday July 26 at 11 a.m. to protest U.S. policies.

Sirnak Province, Hakkari Province, and Any Area within six miles (ten kilometers) of the Syrian Border – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Do not travel to Sirnak province, Hakkari province, or any area within six miles (10 kilometers) of the Turkey/Syria border due to the continued threat of attacks by terrorist groups, armed conflict, and civil unrest.  Terrorist attacks, including suicide bombings, ambushes, car bomb detonations, and improvised explosive devices, as well as shootings, and illegal roadblocks leading to violence have occurred in these areas. U.S. government employees are restricted from traveling to these provinces and to any area within six miles (10 kilometers) of the Turkey/Syria border without prior approval.

Try Frontier as well. They are at DSC and SCI every year.
1690833509084.png

WhatsApp Contact is: Recep Ecer, +90 532 212-3401

Is this the Ekenler Family (wildhuntingoutfitters.com) in Southern Turkey? I have looking at their site and have made contact for 2024 or 2025. I have some concerns about recent reports that hunting in Turkey may come to an end soon. What are your thought?

I want to hunt an Ibex!
The issue facing the outfitting industry (and hunters) has been some reductions of territory where game officials allow hunting. That results in a reduction of Bezoar hunting permits available. And the compounding knock-on effect is that prices have risen for the available permits.

Irrespective of this, and similar to some of the ibex hunting in Spain, a consideration for a hunter is the level of trophy quality desired. Some Turkish outfitters with access to multiple territories producing a range of Bezoar trophy size averages offer a pricing scale tied to different levels of trophy quality potential.

You are right. They have been under protection of a species rehabilitation program for quite some time, but progress enabled some permits as part of the overall management program. I've attached a few pictures of the Urfa hunting area a team. I headed north from there to hunt Nemrut Ibex. Truly wonderful people and hunting. When I shot the Nemrut, we ended up at the village mayor's home late that night where he had invited the entire village over for the skinning ceremony. I don't know how so many teacups emerged but there were close to 50 of us standing around watching the skinning process, exchanging smiles, and sipping tea. Proper hospitality and a culture of appreciation for hunting their game.
Amazimg trophies, I hunted in some Asian countries and I always enjoyed and appreciated the hunt and culture. I have amazing friends in this part of the world
What about this Nemrut ibex , I like it, can you tell me more about this animal ( where and how is the hunt-terrain) I would like to hunt one

Amazimg trophies, I hunted in some Asian countries and I always enjoyed and appreciated the hunt and culture. I have amazing friends in this part of the world
What about this Nemrut ibex , I like it, can you tell me more about this animal ( where and how is the hunt-terrain) I would like to hunt one
Hello Suera. The Nemrut Ibex is a hybrid Bezoar, comprising a natural cross between Bezoar and a domestic goat originating a couple of thousand years ago. They are particularly wary and wild. They are a recognized species of SCI and Grand Slam Ovis Club. The region they are hunted is Southeastern Turkey. From Sanliurfa, look north to see Mt. Nemrut, and that region is where I hunted them. The terrain was very navigable. I will include some pictures of the area and guiding team that will help you see into the region and its wonderful people. If you have interest in hunting Bezoar or the Nemrut, I can refer you to proven contacts who are at the top of the hunting game professionally, speak excellent English, manage logistics with military-grade precision, and are great companions in the field. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather have a voice conversation.

Attachments

• DSC01416.JPG
    DSC01416.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
  • DSC01417.JPG
    DSC01417.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC01419.JPG
    DSC01419.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
  • DSC01422.JPG
    DSC01422.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC01423.JPG
    DSC01423.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
  • DSC01434.JPG
    DSC01434.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC01442.JPG
    DSC01442.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 28
  • DSC01443.JPG
    DSC01443.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC01444.JPG
    DSC01444.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC01445.JPG
    DSC01445.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 30
  • DSC01477.JPG
    DSC01477.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
Thank you for the info I Will contact you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg