AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Hunted
NZ, Australia, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, RSA
Planning my next overseas hunt for 2024 and was wondering can anyone reccomend a good Outfitter for an Ibex Hunt in Turkey?
Preferably with personal experience with the Outfitter not just word of mouth

Thank-you in advance

The latest hunt report should have you set.

Planning my next overseas hunt for 2024 and was wondering can anyone reccomend a good Outfitter for an Ibex Hunt in Turkey?
Preferably with personal experience with the Outfitter not just word of mouth

Thank-you in advance
Here is my report from two weeks ago. PM me if I can be of assistance in any way. Not sure what the future holds in Turkey but the outfitter has hopes that all of it will get sorted out next year.

I have hunted with Caprinae and with Khan with Shikar Safaris. Both put me on successful hunts...

Wonderful country to hunt and a great species. Generally, very good quality outfitting across the board. I've hunted Turkey extensively and am quite familiar with the entire spectrum of Turkish outfitters. Presumably, your interest is bezoar versus one of the cousins like Nemrut. The coloration can vary depending on location. Although you can find color variations in any given area, some areas will produce more of one kind, dark bias or light bias, than others. If you have not yet gone and can share any particulars about your objectives, I would be able to narrow some considerations down to a practical and actionable set. Whatever you decide, best wishes.

IMG_3141.jpg
IMG_3139.jpg

Wonderful country to hunt and a great species. Generally, very good quality outfitting across the board. I've hunted Turkey extensively and am quite familiar with the entire spectrum of Turkish outfitters. Presumably, your interest is bezoar versus one of the cousins like Nemrut. The coloration can vary depending on location. Although you can find color variations in any given area, some areas will produce more of one kind, dark bias or light bias, than others. If you have not yet gone and can share any particulars about your objectives, I would be able to narrow some considerations down to a practical and actionable set. Whatever you decide, best wishes.

View attachment 548468View attachment 548467
Those are two outstanding ibex. When did you hunt there last?

Thank you. I obviously had some luck and great guiding to be in the right place and the right time to take them. Bezoar remain a fascination for me as do all ibex. But the Bezoar in all its variations rank right up there near the top. Turkey also produces the biggest boars (nighttime boar hunting is quite a cult for some of the guides), and the Maral are magnificent. I hunted the Anatolian gazelle in Sanliurfa a few miles from the Syrian border near Khobani where we and the Kurds were battling ISIS. 2018 was the last time I hunted Turkey due to the COVID blockade, but I have just about weekly contact with many there.

I will do this hunt sometime in the near future. I'll likely hunt with Wild Hunting Turkey. I recommend going to SCI and meeting the outfitters.

Thank you. I obviously had some luck and great guiding to be in the right place and the right time to take them. Bezoar remain a fascination for me as do all ibex. But the Bezoar in all its variations rank right up there near the top. Turkey also produces the biggest boars (nighttime boar hunting is quite a cult for some of the guides), and the Maral are magnificent. I hunted the Anatolian gazelle in Sanliurfa a few miles from the Syrian border near Khobani where we and the Kurds were battling ISIS. 2018 was the last time I hunted Turkey due to the COVID blockade, but I have just about weekly contact with many there.
I'm very curious about your Gazelle(Ceylan)hunt around Urfa. I always thought they were protected. Beautiful Ibexes btw. As someone who killed Ibexes there I know how though this hunt can be.

You are right. They have been under protection of a species rehabilitation program for quite some time, but progress enabled some permits as part of the overall management program. I've attached a few pictures of the Urfa hunting area a team. I headed north from there to hunt Nemrut Ibex. Truly wonderful people and hunting. When I shot the Nemrut, we ended up at the village mayor's home late that night where he had invited the entire village over for the skinning ceremony. I don't know how so many teacups emerged but there were close to 50 of us standing around watching the skinning process, exchanging smiles, and sipping tea. Proper hospitality and a culture of appreciation for hunting their game.

Attachments

• DSC01313.JPG
    DSC01313.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • DSC01322.JPG
    DSC01322.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 69
  • DSC01325.JPG
    DSC01325.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • DSC01333.JPG
    DSC01333.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
  • DSC01453.JPG
    DSC01453.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 64
Great country and people definitely. Not only for hunting but also visiting.
Congrats on the gazelle. One of the rarest trophies that anybody can get legally and the other one is the Anatolian Wild Sheep from Konya region.

I had not planned to hunt the Konya sheep due to other hunts I had booked. I always felt I made a mistake by not planning ahead to hunt one. I totally agree, they are quite magnificent.

View attachment 548468View attachment 548467
I think I appreciate your library and taste more than the Ibex.

I will do this hunt sometime in the near future. I'll likely hunt with Wild Hunting Turkey. I recommend going to SCI and meeting the outfitters.
Is this the Ekenler Family (wildhuntingoutfitters.com) in Southern Turkey? I have looking at their site and have made contact for 2024 or 2025. I have some concerns about recent reports that hunting in Turkey may come to an end soon. What are your thought?

I want to hunt an Ibex!

Is this the Ekenler Family (wildhuntingoutfitters.com) in Southern Turkey? I have looking at their site and have made contact for 2024 or 2025. I have some concerns about recent reports that hunting in Turkey may come to an end soon. What are your thought?

I want to hunt an Ibex!
Yes they are great. Always rumors around Asia.

I think I appreciate your library and taste more than the Ibex.
Interesting that you caught that. It has a library feel. I always consider a trophy room a personal thing, and so there is beauty in all of them. When I built my own trophy room, I did not want it to be a case of walls of imposing animals feeling as though they are bearing down on us. And having lived in England for several years, I gravitated to the way some hunters' rooms were laid out and decorated. I chose that path. I had posted a few pictures of it in the media section at the request of others some time ago. If you would like to see a few for interest/ideas, I will be happy to respond with others for you. The biggest mistake I made was not understanding the degree to which I would be hunting in the coming years because I needed more room. With the basement dug, I was forced to use it for the overflow and the ceiling being basement-height puts a number of them in your face. If I had just thought about 5 minutes more about it and dug the basement 4-6 blocks deeper, it would have come out better. The other mistake was that I got caught up in the life-sized mount craze. Today, I opt for more European mounts.

Interesting that you caught that. It has a library feel. I always consider a trophy room a personal thing, and so there is beauty in all of them. When I built my own trophy room, I did not want it to be a case of walls of imposing animals feeling as though they are bearing down on us. And having lived in England for several years, I gravitated to the way some hunters' rooms were laid out and decorated. I chose that path. I had posted a few pictures of it in the media section at the request of others some time ago. If you would like to see a few for interest/ideas, I will be happy to respond with others for you. The biggest mistake I made was not understanding the degree to which I would be hunting in the coming years because I needed more room. With the basement dug, I was forced to use it for the overflow and the ceiling being basement-height puts a number of them in your face. If I had just thought about 5 minutes more about it and dug the basement 4-6 blocks deeper, it would have come out better. The other mistake was that I got caught up in the life-sized mount craze. Today, I opt for more European mounts.
Selfishly, I am sure I appreciate it because it follows my own sense of design and preferred color pallet. In our guest house/ trophy area a similar style works well with antique furniture, library, art, and the militaria we have assembled over the years.

The nice thing about a Euro mount is that it works beautifully and appropriately with old world furniture and art.

Anyway, very well done - and lovely full mount on the ibex.

Trophy Room

Trophy Room

Trophy Room

That's a really great look and I appreciate you sharing those photos. It looks very livable and comfortable. Good place to knock back a razor soup (Martini) or a single malt. Great color scheme, mix of art, and sporting collectables. I also find it amazing how a zebra rug can fit within and list any decor.

Red Leg, By the way, that Bezoar Ibex and all of my taxidermy was done in Texas by Wildlife Artistry located in Haskel.

Red Leg, By the way, that Bezoar Ibex and all of my taxidermy was done in Texas by Wildlife Artistry located in Haskel.
Superb work. Have reached the point where it takes a very special thing to go to the taxidermist. Quite a few years ago I began building photo journals following each of my or our adventures. The preserved fauna will be more a problem than anything for heirs, but a grandchild might someday actually enjoy rummaging through the photos and stories of our adventures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,