Trusted Traveler Program Times

flying sailor

AH fanatic
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
748
Reaction score
2,128
Location
Ohio
Media
6
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
1
Member of
NRA-CRSO, Pistol Inst., SCI,GOA
Hunted
USA: Florida, Ohio, Nebraska, RSA, Limpopo
On Wednesday I felt it was time to check on my application for Global Entry. It had been 7 months, so it must surely be time to book an appointment. Well, the automated response was due to heavy demand...... Anyway, I was advised of the current wait times. They are: Global Entry-13-14 months, SENTRI up to 2 years, and NEXUS 16-18 months. Oh well, at least I have the TSA pre check on hand.
 
On Wednesday I felt it was time to check on my application for Global Entry. It had been 7 months, so it must surely be time to book an appointment. Well, the automated response was due to heavy demand...... Anyway, I was advised of the current wait times. They are: Global Entry-13-14 months, SENTRI up to 2 years, and NEXUS 16-18 months. Oh well, at least I have the TSA pre check on hand.
My Global Entry renewal had been in pending status for almost two years when I received notification to set up an appointment about six-weeks ago. I promptly did with an earliest date about two-weeks from now. A week after notification I received a letter saying that I had been renewed :unsure: , and a few days after that a new card arrived. I canceled the appointment.
 
My Global Entry took 12 full months from application submitted to conditional approval. It then took another 2-1/2 months to get an appointment.
 
My TSA/Global ran out in January of this year. I applied and paid for renewal as soon as allowable. I'm still waiting but was told I have an extension. I've made four flights in the U.S. since then and I'm still good in the TSA lines.
Edit: Just checked, still waiting for conditional approval.
 
Last edited:
My wife completed hers in 2 months including the interview. Mine has been in Limbo for 10 months.
 
Holy cow! We got ours in 1 WEEK. We applied on May 5 of this year. Got our email with conditional approval on May 6. Two days later I got us scheduled for May 12 interviews in Kansas City. We each got emails that we were approved within a couple hours of our interviews.

I don't know how the system works at all. My wife and I both hold professional licenses that required FBI background checks. Does that somehow expedite the process? I've wondered that before, as I normally get approval for gun purchases super quick.

Or is it just that we live in the midwest and it has less of a backlog?

But that doesn't seem right that we got ours in a week and you guys took months and months. . . .
 
I'm just hopeful we see some benefit from our $200 tax. We have a couple trips coming up and I guess we'll see if we get through quicker
 
I've had my credentials for ten years before renewal. I do have a TWIC card that I can use in place of TSA.
 
I only have TSA pre-check, which is very useful boarding in the USA.
Although I don’t have global entry, going through immigration and customs has been easy. Leaving Spain my wife presented my passport instead of hers and mine got stamped. We look very different. She is a short Asian woman and I am not.
 
As I said above, we applied May 5, 2024, and we received our cards in the mail today. So pretty quick here
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,974
Members
169,879
Latest member
RoscoeGars
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top