Trophaendienste Taxidermy

kevin

New member
Joined
Feb 15, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
I am curious of those that have used Trophaendienste Taxidermy in Namibia how long it took after your trophies were dropped off before
you actually heard from them ? I had 10 trophies dropped off a little over 2 months ago and I have not heard from them and maybe this is normal and it will take some more time which is perfectly understandable. Just not sure how they operate.I did try to contact them but have not heard anything back.
 
I am curious of those that have used Trophaendienste Taxidermy in Namibia how long it took after your trophies were dropped off before
you actually heard from them ? I had 10 trophies dropped off a little over 2 months ago and I have not heard from them and maybe this is normal and it will take some more time which is perfectly understandable. Just not sure how they operate.I did try to contact them but have not heard anything back.
Who are you reaching out to? I found them to be very responsive

are you asking about Dip and pack time? are you asking about finished trophies?

I have an on going thread about my current trophies in Namibia
 
I do not have a contact name but i sent an e-mail thru there website and a whatsapp message to the mobile number on there website. I am enquiring about finished trophies. If you have a contact name that would be greatly appreciated.
 
I do not have a contact name but i sent an e-mail thru there website and a whatsapp message to the mobile number on there website. I am enquiring about finished trophies. If you have a contact name that would be greatly appreciated.
Sending you a PM with Firedel’s email. He is shop manager,

Who did you hunt with in Namibia?

And just fyi, they quote 13-16 months for finished and crated mounts.

Namibia currently has all animal exports paused. You can read my thread I linked for more info on that.
 
Perfect thank you . I hunted with Khomas Highlands in July and the trophies were dropped off at the end of July to the taxidermist.

13-16 months is excellent and I am in no means in a hurry
 
I had to make contact with my taxidermist first. But I would not expect too much right now because there is a Foot and Mouth Disease Quarantine in Namibia. This is may slow everything down for the next year or so.
 
Perfect thank you . I hunted with Khomas Highlands in July and the trophies were dropped off at the end of July to the taxidermist.

13-16 months is excellent and I am in no means in a hurry
Oh great, hope you had a good time hunting with Philips outfit.

Glad you are not in a rush! My trophies were just about to be shipped and had just gotten picked up from Trophiendesnte by the shipper. Then bam! The Namibia gov paused all exports.

It will get sorted though. Just a little more waiting :D

Cheers
 
Ditto. Mine got picked up last Friday.
 
I heard back in 6 days from the delivery of the animals to Trophaendienste by the outfitter. I just hunted September 9-15. Outfitter delivered animals on September 16, and I heard back on September 21 with an invoice.

Most outfitters hold several clients' animals and deliver when they get a full truck load. In my case the outfitter was ready to deliver so it was quick. I have often waited months for an invoice. Contact your outfitter and let them help you.
 
They have been very speedy with communication on my end as well. My shipment is ready to go unfortunately it’s all paused at the moment
 
Ya honestly if you haven’t heard back it’s probably a typo on their end of your email.

Happened to me.

But I sent you friedels email so you should be set now!

Care to share some pics from your hunt?

Cheers
 
Last edited:
I’ve used Trophaendienste many times. My contact there is Friedel and they usually respond pretty quickly to emails. With one delay, my outfitter hadn’t yet dropped the trophies off. Another time, their return emails were going to my spam filter. Maybe check out those two things.

From drop off to finished taxidermy is a little more than a year. A bit less if you’re doing dip & pack. This hoof & mouth thing will be a PITA for a while. I’m sure this will be especially true for the Caprivi. They also answer the phone, no problem there! I’ve called and chatted with them many times. It costs a few bucks, but nothing compared to the rest of it.

BTW, the quality of the taxidermy is outstanding. One thing I never thought of. My PH came and visited me in the US. He saw some of the US mounts (that I thought were fantastic) and commented on a few details “duiker don’t hold their ears like that”. Things I never noticed before, but I do now. The guys at Trophaendienste know what the animals are supposed to look like. My last shipment contained, among other things, a full-body klippy and a sable. Wonderful work!
 
I'm not going to their parades and I don't want them reading stories to my kids!!!
 
I am curious of those that have used Trophaendienste Taxidermy in Namibia how long it took after your trophies were dropped off before
you actually heard from them ? I had 10 trophies dropped off a little over 2 months ago and I have not heard from them and maybe this is normal and it will take some more time which is perfectly understandable. Just not sure how they operate.I did try to contact them but have not heard anything back.
I used them for dip and pack. My PH turned dropped the animals off in May 2024. They arrived at my taxidermist here in Houston in August 2025. I would say give it approximately a year. They were very responsive during that time period, just took awhile. You should have an order number (at least if you have communicated with them once already), I would use that in all emails for reference.

I would use them again too. Cheers
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,215
Members
169,965
Latest member
CathrynBeg
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top