Europe
Member of
SCI Nordic Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
TRAVEL ALERT IF USING SOUTH AFRICA AIRWAYS
Feb 6, 2019 - SAA News Release
Changes to SAA’s Network
Following a careful analysis of SAA’s liquidity challenges and after consultations with all relevant stakeholders, the BRPs have identified which routes will be retained to drive the restructured national carrier towards profitability.
SAA will continue to operate all international services between Johannesburg and Frankfurt, London Heathrow, New York, Perth and Washington via Accra.
Regional services to be retained include from Johannesburg to Blantyre, Dar es Salaam, Harare, Kinshasa, Lagos, Lilongwe, Lusaka, Maputo, Mauritius, Nairobi, Victoria Falls, Livingston and Windhoek.
On 29th February 2020, SAA will close the following regional and international services from Johannesburg to Abidjan via Accra, Entebbe, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Luanda, Munich, Ndola, and Sao Paulo.
On the domestic route network, SAA will continue to serve Cape Town on a reduced basis.
All other domestic destinations, including Durban, East London and Port Elizabeth, will cease to be operated by SAA on 29th February 2020. Domestic routes operated by Mango will not be affected by the changes.
All customers booked on any cancelled international and regional routes will receive a full refund. Customers booked on cancelled domestic flights will be re-accommodated on services operated by Mango.
SAA does not intend to make any further significant network changes. Passengers and travel agents can therefore feel confident about booking future travel with South African Airways.
The flight schedule for February remains unchanged. Please consult the website for further information.

Here is a link to the SAA News Release
https://www.flysaa.com/…/media-cent…/media-releases/newsroom

Here is a link to SAA Travel Advisory for Feb 2020 flight cancellations:
https://www.flysaa.com/au-traveladvisory

FLYSAA.COM

Newsroom
Access SAA's newsroom for more information on the latest media…

Areaonereal

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
There goes transporting firearms to Port Elizabeth. Mango Will Not transport firearms....will not be good for East Cape hunting, unless outfitters rifles are your cup of tea. I was planning on a trip in October to the Cape., but guess I need an alternate destination now, since I prefer my own rifle.

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME

markm

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
United States
You can use sa airlink
There goes transporting firearms to Port Elizabeth. Mango Will Not transport firearms....will not be good for East Cape hunting, unless outfitters rifles are your cup of tea. I was planning on a trip in October to the Cape., but guess I need an alternate destination now, since I prefer my own rifle.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Well I do believe there are alternatives to SA.........;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geraldsurry

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.