Torn between two calibers

when you see other bullets do so much better, why deny the truth.
for some reason, the n.p. is accepted as a bullet to make a gun into a bigger gun.
it is in fact a superb bullet for the opposite, making a bigger gun handle softer skinned smaller boned game with aplomb.
notice how n.p. users tend to lean toward solids on bovines?
barnes and swift users see little need for solids there.
bruce.

Just a suggestion for those of you having trouble with NP's. Even thogh there is lead on both ends the pointy end still goes to the front!

That’s hilarious! I’ll have to pay more attention if I ever use them again!

when you see other bullets do so much better, why deny the truth.
for some reason, the n.p. is accepted as a bullet to make a gun into a bigger gun.
it is in fact a superb bullet for the opposite, making a bigger gun handle softer skinned smaller boned game with aplomb.
notice how n.p. users tend to lean toward solids on bovines?
barnes and swift users see little need for solids there.
bruce.
So now you are admitting that Swifts and Barnes tend to act like solids. Sometimes or all the time or not sure which or when?? Sounds like a great bullet! Bruce we all know that you have a very low opinion of NP's. Your opinion and you're welcome to it. But for the rest of us that use them successfully time after time you're not going to change our opinions no matter how many times you post your dislike. Enjoy whatever bullets you use and go hunting!

graham,
i am not suggesting that those bullets act like solids at all.
they expand well, and produce a better wound channel than a solid, yet still offer penetration in a straight line.
this puts the solid into a more specialized category.
swifts in fact have been found to open up very readily on light game as well as hold together on tough game.
the noslers are great bullets for deer etc type game, and i use them happily for that by choice.
but they are second prize on bigger boned thicker skinned targets.
and sometimes when mixing it with bovines there is no second place winner.
also i do not like to see the likes of donkeys and camels suffer unnecessarily when there is a proven better option.
bruce.

graham,
i am not suggesting that those bullets act like solids at all.
they expand well, and produce a better wound channel than a solid, yet still offer penetration in a straight line.
this puts the solid into a more specialized category.
swifts in fact have been found to open up very readily on light game as well as hold together on tough game.
the noslers are great bullets for deer etc type game, and i use them happily for that by choice.
but they are second prize on bigger boned thicker skinned targets.
and sometimes when mixing it with bovines there is no second place winner.
also i do not like to see the likes of donkeys and camels suffer unnecessarily when there is a proven better option.
bruce.
Yup

Bruce,
You shoot donkeys and camels? No wonder I was having difficulty following your posts!

And bovines if I remember correctly. Well, now I know where to turn for advice on dromedary dumping, but the only livestock bovine I have shot was for a rancher to put out of misery a cow that slipped off a high creek bank in the dark of night and broke it's back. Have shot goats, water buffalo, Cape Buffalo, Bison, etc with arms ranging from Model 19 .357 to .45-90, but always with appropriate bullets that killed the animals. As you suggest, I try to match the bullet to the task.

crs,
i also shoot cattle.
and read here what is required for african buffalo.
i assume you are not mocking me for shooting camels, donkeys and brumbies as well as cattle.
i like to see nothing suffer more than necessary, and that inclused me.
bruce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,