Tiny 10?

Of the "Tiny 10", which would be everyone's top 3?

I feel myself getting sucked in to giving it a go!
I only have 6 so with that caveat:
1. Damara Dik Dik 2. Klipspringer 3. Blue Duiker (don’t have yet)
 
I only have 6 so with that caveat:
1. Damara Dik Dik 2. Klipspringer 3. Blue Duiker (don’t have yet)
I would agree. The blue is pretty challenging even where there are a lot (I failed miserably). Suni can be like rabbits if you are in a good area.
 
Where did you get the Oribi?
Mozambique - Zambezi Delta. No special permits and lots of them. Hunted with Mashambanzou Safaris. https://www.mashambanzousafaris.com/ They have common, blue, and red duiker; suni; and oribi. On a ten-day hunt, you should be able to get all of those and a nice buffalo. The camp that has the suni also has fabulous nyala.
 
I would agree. The blue is pretty challenging even where there are a lot (I failed miserably). Suni can be like rabbits if you are in a good area.
The beauty of hunting is in the challenge. And yes, the blue duiker can be challenging. I got one without knowing it. Good thing the dog figured it out. But I've found suni to be virtually impossible to get. I once took a snap shot at one (likely in frustration) and the only thing that died was the side view mirror on the hunting vehicle. And I didn't even hit the damn mirror. It was the muzzle blast from the .416 Rigby which blew it apart!

If I was picking the top three, I'd take these:

1. Damara dik-dik
2. Klippie
3. Blue duiker

On another day, it might well be a different list!
 
The Klipspringer is the only African animal I have missed thus far. We saw a monster Klippie and he kept bouncing up the hill with his mate, briefly stopping at the very top, the angle was steep and I was squatted down and shot right over him I believe. The Suni we saw in Mozambique where like a scalded dog on fire, just a blur, not unlike most of the Grysbok I have seen in Zim and Mozambique. I really have no idea how one is supposed to shoot these things, most of the time it's hard to figure out what you saw until it's over.

the top three, both Grysbok and the Suni (hardest to get)
the top three, Red Duiker, Oribi, and Klipspringer ( the coolest one's)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,171
Members
169,272
Latest member
chlorchipcapsbe1985
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top