Time To Sell, Give Away, Or Haul To The Dump

Good membes, please when you decide to sell of extra items and you have a 8x68S reamer to sell or know someone who has one to sell...please keep me in mind..John, anything on the 8x68S reamer???:A Big Thanx::A Big Hello:
Members, if you know of a gun shop that do have a 8x68S reamer in stock please let me know, I already tried all the reamer manufacturing companies in the USA...they have a long, long waiting period...:A Bang Head::A Bang Head:

Jeff, thank you it seems there have been changes in waiting time..I ordered one from Midway USA, it seems they can deliver within a short period of time for a visiting member to bring it to SA...(y)(y)(y)(y)

Hello Pard, any reamers or barrels for 9.3x62 or 404 Jefferies sir. Patrick

Sorry about the delay, I have been out for a few days. Put the same post up on AR but deleted it, got trashed by one of the mods. I did not follow policy there! My mistake. I will limit my postings to AH from now on.

No 8x68 reamer.

Duplicator and all the accessories, stock blanks, patterns not sold. There is a long thread on using the duplicator here on AH in the gunsmith area, I will find it and post the link. This is a fantastic machine for a serious stock maker, very sturdy and accurate. It is a three spindle machine: Will duplicate a right hand stock from a right hand pattern, or a left hand stock from a right hand pattern, or two identical stocks from either a right hand or left hand pattern, or a right hand stock from a left hand pattern, or just about any combination. Included with the duplicator will be over 30 nice Pacific Big Leaf maple blanks, 20 or more plain maple blanks for making patterns, several big Oregon Walnut slabs for making blanks, and 35 or so patterns. Plus tooling: Cutters and tracers to match, spare parts for the duplicator, spare drive belts. And a checkering cradle, a special "sanding cradle" with centers matching the duplicator (for hand finishing and sanding the stock). This is a big, heavy, powerful machine made for production use. With enough length for full length Mannlicher style stocks and muzzle loader stocks. Most of the blanks ae way oversize, giving plenty of room for cast off, pitch, and drop suitable for big bore iron sight rifles.

$10,000 for everything. Located in Port Angeles, Washington, USA. Will take a pickup and trailer to haul everything, too much stuff to fit into a pickup. Or a box truck. Will take a day to disassemble and load everything. I took the machine completely apart, sandblasted and painted, installed new bearings, all new wiring and controls. Both motors are reversible, mainly to balance cutting loads when carving a pair of stocks (both right and left hand roughing cutters included, many unused).

enhance

enhance

Powerful 220 volt motors, single phase:
enhance

enhance

enhance

d6qLk9k.jpg

TN0mLtH.jpg

yWdsNWn.jpg

8giYafk.jpg

Sanding cradle:

enhance

enhance

Checkering cradle:

enhance

I will make a list of the reamers, dies, and other groups of items and post, will take a few days.

I cannot ship any gun related items outside of the US due to our silly laws.

For the 9.3x62: One nice barrel with sights, a Lothar Walthar, it is the bottom barrel in the photo. Barrel band ramp not yet soldered on. The Sako 300 H&H barrel is also for sale. $350 for the 9.3 plus shipping, $250 for the 300 H&H plus shipping. Both barrels threaded for M98. I have several M98 actions also. And a 9,3x62 reamer and go gauge (Both new PTG) for $150. A used 300 H&H reamer for $75. I have another 9.3 barrel, unthreaded and un chambered, a Shilen No. 4, 28 inches, 12 inch twist, CrMo. $250 plus shipping.

Also two sets of 9.3x62 dies, numerous cases and bullets. Photos later.

enhance

enhance

I have several M98 actions, just for fun below is the 9.3x62 barrel hand screwed into a M98:

enhance

New never used 450 Ackley Magnum reamer. Also have several 458 barrels, a few threaded and chambered for 458 Win. (Easy rechamber to the 450 Ackley) and two or three unthreaded unchambered barrels, will have to count. Have dies and Norma basic brass.
enhance

Never used BBK action. In the "rough" needs hand work and polishing. Will make a dandy 450 Ackley rifle, big magazine capacity. Standard M98 receiver threads.

enhance

458 Lott: Two sets of dies, numerous cases and loaded rounds. A PTG chamber reamer with only one chamber cut.

416 Rigby: Lilja CrMo barrel, never chambered or threaded. Dies. Numerous cases. PTG chamber reamer and go gauge, one chamber cut.

400 Holland & Holland: A M98 action, barrel is threaded, chambered, installed, test fired. Action needs feeding work, etc. Cases formed from 416 Rem. Reloading dies made with the reamers. Finish and Resize reamer. Resize die is neck bushing type, only sizes the neck. Test fire data obtained with Oehler M43 system. Barrel is a cut rifled Krieger.

enhance

I will take more photos and post, will take a few days.

Attachments

• yWdsNWn.jpg
    yWdsNWn.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 143
  • TN0mLtH.jpg
    TN0mLtH.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 152
  • enhance.jpg
    enhance.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 151
  • enhance-14.jpg
    enhance-14.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 149
  • enhance-13.jpg
    enhance-13.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 151
  • enhance-12.jpg
    enhance-12.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 156
  • enhance-11.jpg
    enhance-11.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 135
  • enhance-10.jpg
    enhance-10.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 147
  • enhance-9.jpg
    enhance-9.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 159
  • enhance-8.jpg
    enhance-8.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 128
  • enhance-7.jpg
    enhance-7.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 160
  • enhance-6.jpg
    enhance-6.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 162
  • enhance-5.jpg
    enhance-5.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 145
  • enhance-4.jpg
    enhance-4.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 164
  • enhance-3.jpg
    enhance-3.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 156
  • enhance-2.jpg
    enhance-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 155
  • d6qLk9k.jpg
    d6qLk9k.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 8giYafk.jpg
    8giYafk.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 161
If I am lucky enough to get one of the barreled actions, I will need to buy a stock from someone who may be getting a deal on a stock duplicator.

Holly cow. Back in the 1990's when I bought most of my reamers from PTG it was about 7 to 10 days delivery. And they were good, accurate to my specs and worked great.
Maybe it is all time spend in installing/programming the new machine..

I will be updating this thread Sunday and breaking it down with new posts to remove some of the confusion.
Got about half of the PM.s replied to, I will be taking more photos of items Sunday and posting.

Thanks guys for the overwhelming interest!!!

72 years old and it is time start the shop reduction in tooling and gun stuff.

I have a post on the "other forum" but am repeating it here as some do not visit there, almost that way myself!

So if anyone has any interest, give me a PM and I will respond with photos.

If the mods want a list in classified, let me know.

First on my list to go is the Gunstock Duplicator. I have one gent interested but so far no money transferred. Nice machine but I do not use it now, it is well tooled and comes with a heap of pattern stocks. And a checkering cradle, checkering tools, 50 or more stock blanks of various figure, some are plain for making patterns. Pacific Big Leaf Maple and Walnut.
You guys have seen it before, below is a photo or two:
View attachment 277745 View attachment 277747

M98 actions, Enfield actions, a M70 or two, barrel blanks, lots of reamers, lots of loading dies.

458 Lott stuff (cases, bullets, loaded rounds, finish reamer barrel blank), 9.3x62 stuff (cases, bullets, two barrels one with sights, dies, finish reamer), several barreled actions (400 H&H, 450 Dakota), 450 Ackley stuff (barrels, finish reamer, a BBK action, dies), the list is endless.

50 BMG stuff: Set of Match reamers, big reloading press, dies, case working tools, hundreds of cases, some bullets and primers, several 8 pound jugs of powder.

Rifles: No 1 Ruger Tropical 375, Whitworth 375, Interarms 458 in fiberglass stock, two complete Enfield battle rifles, one 30-06 one 303. 600 Rem in 222.

Maybe 100 reamers in the big Kennedy Chest:
View attachment 277746
Lots more!
PM me if you have an interest, I will return with photos.

What are you wanting for 450 Dakota auctioned barrel. Can you give me more details as to the make of the Action and Barrel length and Twist rate.
Thank you
Krish.

Interested in the BBk action. would also like to talk with the person that buys the duplicator about duplicating a stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.