this sucks

I guess sometimes good things happen, just got off the phone with Laura and everything was complete and cleared. she sent me an invoice and I am very happy with the price, I was expecting a bill for about 1400.00 for 4 days storage at the airport waiting for agriculture to clear but it was only 390.78. total bill for everything in Chicago including Coppersmith came to a total bill of 1949.55 and that also included truck shipping to my from door, should be here next week just have to wait on the word from the freight company they will be notified tomorrow. on a bad note when it gets here I do not know how I am going to get everything uncrated as tomorrow morning I am having surgery on my hand for a Trigger Finger so I do not know how that will work out. but now to plan for next year in Africa don't have any idea yet what I want or where but it will happen and my CZ 550 458 will go with me. thanks everyone
 
There may be someone on the forum close by that can help uncrate for you. Put out a thread for anyone in South Dakota.
 
Uncrating Party!

Hopefully your final delivery leg includes getting it inside your garage. If not, then some $$ and the driver will roll it in anyway.
 
I guess sometimes good things happen, just got off the phone with Laura and everything was complete and cleared. she sent me an invoice and I am very happy with the price, I was expecting a bill for about 1400.00 for 4 days storage at the airport waiting for agriculture to clear but it was only 390.78. total bill for everything in Chicago including Coppersmith came to a total bill of 1949.55 and that also included truck shipping to my from door, should be here next week just have to wait on the word from the freight company they will be notified tomorrow. on a bad note when it gets here I do not know how I am going to get everything uncrated as tomorrow morning I am having surgery on my hand for a Trigger Finger so I do not know how that will work out. but now to plan for next year in Africa don't have any idea yet what I want or where but it will happen and my CZ 550 458 will go with me. thanks everyone
Wow that is great news!! It sounded like it was going to be much worse all leading up!

post pics when you get them home.
 
I will post some, and I was told the driver will uses his pallet jack to take it in the garage
 
I guess sometimes good things happen, just got off the phone with Laura and everything was complete and cleared. she sent me an invoice and I am very happy with the price, I was expecting a bill for about 1400.00 for 4 days storage at the airport waiting for agriculture to clear but it was only 390.78. total bill for everything in Chicago including Coppersmith came to a total bill of 1949.55 and that also included truck shipping to my from door, should be here next week just have to wait on the word from the freight company they will be notified tomorrow. on a bad note when it gets here I do not know how I am going to get everything uncrated as tomorrow morning I am having surgery on my hand for a Trigger Finger so I do not know how that will work out. but now to plan for next year in Africa don't have any idea yet what I want or where but it will happen and my CZ 550 458 will go with me. thanks everyone
As my dad would say when I told him I couldn’t do something, “Do you have polio or something (he had polio as a child)?” :-). Protect your hand, but good luck.
 
well the wait was finally over today and my animals finally made it home this morning, was able to get the Sable on the pedestal I built and the Kudu made it up on the wall. so tomorrow will be working on a couple of shelves to put the 2 Warthogs on and work on getting the Zebra out of the crate along with the Buffalo euro and then install the Zebra back skin hung on the wall. will post pictures when all finished
 
Talked to Laura weeks ago. She had informed me that the gangsters work with 3 airlines out of 4 in Chicago. free storage was cut from 2 days to one. Storage rate went from .35 to .78 per kilo and based on a different metric of measurement. Having my crate flown from Joburg to Atlanta by Delta. Delta will truck to Chicago for me. Crate will clear in Atlanta, so a quick 5 hour drive with a trailer and I have my crate. Some people saw a goldmine by cutting storage times and increasing rates. Check around to find other ways to get things here. I am getting close as I was just asked how mounts should be facing. Laura knows the business, ask before you ship to a destination.
Chicago LOL. Barry Soetero community disorganizer probably gets a cut!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,080
Members
169,490
Latest member
mibeerpamab1972
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top