Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway, Isle of Arran (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo

Its an old timer British hunter going out after what might be his last ever Cape Buffalo. However he is joined by a vegan!!!!

@25:50 the Vegan videographer (muppet) is scurrying back to his Chalet to avoid the Lion, after he's been told not to go wandering about at night. Whether it was a true threat or not, I did get a good chuckle.

@norfolk shooter Great find. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
What a marvelous story. Two people with different life values but able to be a team.(y)(y)(y)

good stuff! As has already been stated, nice to see different folks with different ideals getting along!

That was great. It's not the killing, it's the hunt and the kill is the finale. It's the sweat and blood, heat and thirst, fatigue and adrenaline rush when quarry is spotted, the stalk (successful or not) and the shot. It's the interaction with the hunted and his terrain, trying to outsmart him in his own back yard.

That was great. It's not the killing, it's the hunt and the kill is the finale. It's the sweat and blood, heat and thirst, fatigue and adrenaline rush when quarry is spotted, the stalk (successful or not) and the shot. It's the interaction with the hunted and his terrain, trying to outsmart him in his own back yard.
Its just a shame the mainline media dont see it like that

Very nice.

@25:50 the Vegan videographer (muppet) is scurrying back to his Chalet to avoid the Lion, after he's been told not to go wandering about at night. Whether it was a true threat or not, I did get a good chuckle.

@norfolk shooter Great find. Thanks for the link.
I did laugh as you can hear his feet shuffling greatly increase on the way back to his chalet.

I'm listening to the lion and watching the guy stumble about in the dark... wondering how he didn't equate this to a concern.

A little saddened that he didn't make a better shot for his last buffalo, but good of him to allow the animal ease of pain by the PH.

This is great! Love his response about the question if he ever gets sick: "I had a hangover in 2000 or 2001" !! :ROFLMAO:

Enjoyed this thoroughly while on a long weekend with my family. He speaks so much wisdom instilled by years of experience. And yes, interesting to see the dynamics between videographer and subject. I would not have been so patient, but certainly as blunt. Age will do that!

Thank you for sharing that. I found it odd that a staunch vegan would partake in such an adventure, but interesting that there was a comparison between hunting as we know it, and hunting with a camera. That in itself shows how hunting is so much more than the killing of an animal. In fact the killing is such a small part of what hunting is about, and is really not the part that fuels a true hunter's passion. A hunt, and I mean a true hunt, is almost spiritual in nature. I believe the words are true that hunting runs deep within us. Yes, even for the non-hunter. I almost wish that this part was talked about and explained even more than it was.
My first trip to Africa I spent two weeks in Kruger National Park photographing the astonishingly captivating animals there, prior to going hunting for a week in the East Cape. If one has never submersed themselves into it before, you should try it! It's amazing how getting that perfect shot with a camera is so closely similar to traditional hunting.
I also liked how the film touched (however briefly) on the important role that properly managed hunting has in maintaining Africa's wildlife for generations to come. This is something I wish everyone could understand, not just the men that don't fit in.
Cheers Guy :D Cheers:

The Men That Don't Fit In
BY ROBERT W. SERVICE
There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will.
They range the field and they rove the flood,
And they climb the mountain's crest;
Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood,
And they don't know how to rest.

If they just went straight they might go far;
They are strong and brave and true;
But they're always tired of the things that are,
And they want the strange and new.
They say: "Could I find my proper groove,
What a deep mark I would make!"
So they chop and change, and each fresh move
Is only a fresh mistake.

And each forgets, as he strips and runs
With a brilliant, fitful pace,
It's the steady, quiet, plodding ones
Who win in the lifelong race.
And each forgets that his youth has fled,
Forgets that his prime is past,
Till he stands one day, with a hope that's dead,
In the glare of the truth at last.

He has failed, he has failed; he has missed his chance;
He has just done things by half.
Life's been a jolly good joke on him,
And now is the time to laugh.
Ha, ha! He is one of the Legion Lost;
He was never meant to win;
He's a rolling stone, and it's bred in the bone;
He's a man who won't fit in.

The Men That Don't Fit In
BY ROBERT W. SERVICE
There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will.
They range the field and they rove the flood,
And they climb the mountain's crest;
Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood,
And they don't know how to rest.

If they just went straight they might go far;
They are strong and brave and true;
But they're always tired of the things that are,
And they want the strange and new.
They say: "Could I find my proper groove,
What a deep mark I would make!"
So they chop and change, and each fresh move
Is only a fresh mistake.

And each forgets, as he strips and runs
With a brilliant, fitful pace,
It's the steady, quiet, plodding ones
Who win in the lifelong race.
And each forgets that his youth has fled,
Forgets that his prime is past,
Till he stands one day, with a hope that's dead,
In the glare of the truth at last.

He has failed, he has failed; he has missed his chance;
He has just done things by half.
Life's been a jolly good joke on him,
And now is the time to laugh.
Ha, ha! He is one of the Legion Lost;
He was never meant to win;
He's a rolling stone, and it's bred in the bone;
He's a man who won't fit in.
I might have to have someone read that at my funeral

Its an old timer British hunter going out after what might be his last ever Cape Buffalo. However he is joined by a vegan!!!!
Post heading is so correct. True emotion, life with how things were and have now changed. I thoroughly enjoyed.

Thank You

MB

Very enjoyable watching!

Thank you for posting! I enjoyed that very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross