This hunter waged a war on feral cats now he says he has become the target of attacks

This is a case where anonymity is the best bet. Do your thing but say nothing.

Shooting feral cats in Australia is just one of those things that needs to happen, as they are over ran with feral cats.

In America you don't talk about it.

CRS spot on as well as others,why put that on social media.Sorry if your living on Facebook and Snapchat harsh but your a loser. Live life for its own sake. I promise you no one gives a shit about you!

In Australia we have a very active population that will shoot a FERAL cat on sight ( me included).
Yes we have the tree huggers that condemn this practice but our department of agriculture promotes it. We even have advertising in shooting magazines with a fox or cat and native wildlife in their mouths with the caption these are destroying Apr native birds and animals at x millions a year. Help us stop the destruction.
Bob
if you gotta put down a feral animal, just don't put it on social media. they are destructive, etc. educated people know this, the others...why provoke them. the 3 S's is the rule here.

Sounds like too little too late.

@RandyF
Being a first nations Australian I draw the line at the iron bar, they get to heavy.
I was once asked as I was a
Aboriginal if I hunted cats with traditional weapons like spears.
I told them yes, I I use a 100 grain speer btsp at 3,500 fps out of m y 25, much more effective and less walking.
Bob.

Had a feral cat here, huge male, that terrorised our four domestic cats, made their lives a misery. Eventually trapped it and had it put down. The other point that nobody talks about is ferals are not vaccinated against rabies. Let that take a hold and let the greenies loose to deal with the problem and see what they say then.

We are very pragmatic when it comes to feral animals on the farm... nuff said.

their are several familey farms(fairly large ones) near here that are posted(not any hunting at all) tighter than a drum because a group of small game hunters shot a few barn cats, right or wrong not my call. but i did like hunting small game in that area.

@RandyF
Being a first nations Australian I draw the line at the iron bar, they get to heavy.
I was once asked as I was a
Aboriginal if I hunted cats with traditional weapons like spears.
I told them yes, I I use a 100 grain speer btsp at 3,500 fps out of m y 25, much more effective and less walking.
Bob.
So Bob...This Bob is not you then?

444B3B89-FF06-4FF2-B227-EAFE74AC3BBD.jpeg

their are several familey farms(fairly large ones) near here that are posted(not any hunting at all) tighter than a drum because a group of small game hunters shot a few barn cats, right or wrong not my call. but i did like hunting small game in that area.
Then there probably won’t be any small game left on those farms with feral cats unchecked huh?
I get being upset about the barn cats, but the knee-jerk reaction is all too common. To me, “barn cats” a were always the mouse and rat patrol for around the farm and not necessarily considered pets and thus replaceable.
A house cat with a pink collar strolling around lazily is probably a different thing. To me, a little chat with hunters before they begin would go a long way toward solving the issue. What is more important?...a couple of barn cats or no small game to be seen anywhere. IMHO

those farms that were lost to hunting are places where i hunted on for well over 30 years, knowing the owners very well. plenty of rabbits-squirrles-some ringnecks and turkey-deer on the mountin land. the story i got was the cat-cats were shot very close to the barn. (we have a 150 yard no hunting-chasing-shooting law here with out written premision)

those farms that were lost to hunting are places where i hunted on for well over 30 years, knowing the owners very well. plenty of rabbits-squirrles-some ringnecks and turkey-deer on the mountin land. the story i got was the cat-cats were shot very close to the barn. (we have a 150 yard no hunting-chasing-shooting law here with out written premision)
I see. I’m sorry that it was ruined for you. A story to often told.

it doesn,t help when the decesed cat-cats were the grandchildrens favorites.

Big difference between barn cats and feral cats. We had plenty of barn cats growing up. They had a valid use around the barns and bins. We didn’t tolerate them in the fields but we wouldn’t appreciate guests shooting them. Feral cats are a totally different matter. They hate humans and don’t want to be around your structures because they don’t want to be around you. When they see you they act like any other wild animal.

22 Caliber Air Rifle puts down nasty wild kitties Pretty quickly.

I don't like them.....

We have a hard time keeping cats around the farm. Coyotes, Eagles, Great Horned Owls and Bobcats like to eat them. After the rats damage the wiring on my trucks and van few cats are good to have around. Raccoons are really thick around here and they do damage about as bad as baboons.

We have a hard time keeping cats around the farm. Coyotes, Eagles, Great Horned Owls and Bobcats like to eat them. After the rats damage the wiring on my trucks and van few cats are good to have around. Raccoons are really thick around here and they do damage about as bad as baboons.
PM me if you like. I can help with the raccoon problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrinMcG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!