This hunter waged a war on feral cats now he says he has become the target of attacks

Having only read the first page of responses to this post: I can say by experience: "house" cats, kill more animals than just birds. House cats (aka pets) and "house" cats whom have been abandoned in rural areas, (aka feral cats), kill baby wild rabbits, and others such animals.

Not just "song" birds, but also "feral cats and pet cats" kill baby/young turkeys, baby/young squirrels, and of course receive the congratulations for killing mice, rats, and other such nuisance critters that invade homes.

Then there are the "pet" vs "feral" cat fights over cat food by cat owners feeding their pets outside vs inside the home. (Personal experience, feeding neighbor's cat and dogs).

Unlike some who will post to say nothing and go about your business quietly, I say try to educate the closed minded antis and those who are skeptical - neither pro nor anti, pervebial fence sitters, to the problem that plagues wildlife: feral pets- cats and dogs.

Just my 2 cents on this topic.

In my younger days we use to go camping on a friends farm andwhen I first got my firearms license i would spend my evenings shooting rabbits and wild cats over a 3 week stay i had 26 wild cats tallied up
The urine has something in it that will cause sheep to miscarriage as the cats live and hunt in hay barns and pee on the hay

In my younger days we use to go camping on a friends farm andwhen I first got my firearms license i would spend my evenings shooting rabbits and wild cats over a 3 week stay i had 26 wild cats tallied up
The urine has something in it that will cause sheep to miscarriage as the cats live and hunt in hay barns and pee on the hay

Toxoplasmosis

i trap them, when they get out of control.

DSCN0313.JPG
DSCN0309.JPG
DSCN0310.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunter of feral cats getting attacked? Sounds scary...But fortunately, they rarely organize or attack en masse..............FWB
IMG_9900.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunter of feral cats getting attacked? Sounds scary...But fortunately, they rarely organize or attack en masse..............FWB
@flatwater bill
They are in the ideal position for a quick left right from a double mate.
Bob

A stray dog will die pretty quick in my neighborhood. They will attack sheep and baby calves. If you get a pack of them you have a problem. People think that farmers will give them a home so they dump their dog in the country and they get shot within a couple days.

A stray dog will die pretty quick in my neighborhood. They will attack sheep and baby calves. If you get a pack of them you have a problem. People think that farmers will give them a home so they dump their dog in the country and they get shot within a couple days.

I hate shooting dogs, but you do what you have to do. A neighbor lost 23 sheep one night to a pack of dogs. Idiot city folk thing they’re releasing them to nature or something. We cornered that pack against the county landfill... they didn’t kill any more sheep.

With the literal miles of wiring on today’s agricultural equipment, shed cats are a must. A single mouse can do tens of thousands of dollars of damage. I allow a stray tom around on occasion when the females are in heat. As soon as he’s done his job, he’s done.

I agree with WAB. I don’t like shooting dogs either, but strays aren’t tolerated around my farm.

Yes shooting the dogs is doing the person that dumped them his dirty work. The wiring on equipment is the main reason for cats. The drop in fur prices has played a big roll in the decline of birds and other small game.
With the literal miles of wiring on today’s agricultural equipment, shed cats are a must. A single mouse can do tens of thousands of dollars of damage. I allow a stray tom around on occasion when the females are in heat. As soon as he’s done his job, he’s done.

I agree with WAB. I don’t like shooting dogs either, but strays aren’t tolerated around my farm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.