The stupidity thermometer continues to climb

Actually that is normal nowadays. No toy guns in carry on luggage. To be honest it makes sense as a lot of people can not tell the difference.
it becomes a real problem when ignoramuses dictate policy.

I would think a flimsy bright white, green and yellow plastic toy that every single kid in the entire world has would be blatantly obvious to anyone with a single brain cell. I personally think this prick was just being a prick.

There have been occasions where small plastic guns for toy soldier figures have been confiscated at security at a uk airport...cant remember if Heathrow or Gatwick....as think the regulations state no toy guns can be taken on board....even if only an inch long....I was at Gatwick after coming back from sci and on way to original home...I had bought a bunch of gun magazines...reading type... while in usa, including I think it's called concealed carry...the security checker decided to look through my carry on bag after it was xrayed...he pulled out the magazines and took one look at that magazine and I thought he was going to have panic attack.....and said you know you cant carry a gun in this country...I looked at him in slight disbelief...and said of course I know that it's a magazine....he continued to lecture me on the fact that you cant carry a concealed or any other gun in uk....I was getting a bit annoyed as must have told him 5 times I knew this and that it was simply a magazine ...then I just said well actually I do carry a handgun sometimes...thought he was going to have a panic attack...he garbled something...and I said yes I live in Zambia and carry one there sometimes....I was trying to keep a straight face...he said oh looking very relieved...well as long as you understand you cant here....and sent me on my way....and that was over a magazine name ....heading to sci at Heathrow me and my ex wife were actually at the plane door and I had seen couple of armed police standing at the door of the loading gantry that led to the outside steps....I already had worked out they were waiting for us as my ex had a belt with a handgun as the buckle packed in her checked luggage...so as we showed out boarding passes they signalled the police who came over...they said can we have a chat...i said of course....they took us outside onto the steps where my ex suitcase was sitting...they said can you open it...as I was doing that I said I know exactly what you are wondering about ...they looked at me and I said she has a belt with a handgun buckle...the armed police said yeah we thought it was something like that but they wanted us to check it out anyway...I showed them it and they said thanks ,and the fact you told us what it was before we basically asked was great...we wouldn't have bothered getting you to open it up but we had to follow the rules....and very sorry to have inconvenienced you...they thought it was pretty amusing as all about a belt buckle....

It seems like common sense isn't that common anymore and I think that's the problem. If I was screening passengers things like a Nerf gun wouldn't get a second look. But we have jobsworths in all walks of life and then of course we have the anti gun brigade too. Boggles the mind that Nerf guns were even brought up in a meeting in some dingy meeting room and the motion was passed to ban them! I mean really! But then again the combined IQ of those types of people rarely reach double digits...

then again, this also exists...

IMG_3079.jpg

then again, this also exists...

View attachment 402315
I would think that putting this and a Nerf gun through an airport scanner would produce extremely different images. The only metal part of a Nerf is a spring or two and it weighs about a quarter of the lightest 9mm on the market... once again it's just a case of the world gone mad... or braindead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SungHiggin

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg