The journey begins!

Enjoy and good luck Albert!!

Excellent, glad you made it! Now sit back, enjoy, take it all in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started off the trip this morning in a big way. After 3 miles of stalking and a single shot to the heart at 287 yards, I got my first Kudu bull!
africaday1 012.JPG

Congratulations on your fine Kudu!!
I can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip goes.

Best of luck to you!

That is a dandy kudu and a great way to start your trip. Hope Africa treats you well.

Congrats Albert! Nice kudu! Keep the posts coming.

Congrats, nice kudu!!!

Congrats. You're off to a good start. Keep it up.

Nice and very heavy. Congratulations!

Slow day today. Tried doing some meat hunts, but the Kudu kicked out butts. Caught a glimpse of a bushbuck ram and possibly a bushpig- just a red streak in the brush. At one point while we were standing talk g before going to the next place, a jackal walked right up to us. Only I was facing it, and Andri was between us so he got lucky and lived another day. Also had a large warthog go running by as I was getting out of the truck at one spot, but had no shot. Winds were heavy and swurling so hopefully that changes during the night and things are better tomorrow. Supposed to be very hot though.

Sounds like the things that happens to me.

Heck yeah! Nice Impala!

Sounds like you're having a great time!

That's a special place you're in for sure.

Albert,

Great stuff! Looks like you are having a great eastern cape hunt.

Dave

Blesbok this morning. Screwed up big time on him though. Hit him high enough on the spine at 300 yards that he acted like nothing was wrong. 20 min later after he separated out from the herd I missed him at 250, and finally put him down with one to the heart at 244. Not the way I wanted that to go, but he is a good Blesok. Andri thinks he's about 16 years old! It was cool though before that with about 200 animals out on the mountain plain in front of me. There were Eland, Zebra, Hartebeest, Impala and Blesbok. In the pic is Andri's new pup, about 13 weeks old. He will be one heck of a hunting dog when he grows up!
africaday3 009.JPG

Nice ram, congrats. Icing on the cake that he is that old!

Very hot today- 100 degrees, very odd for this time of year. Due to this we went to Addo park, figuring the animals would be out to water early. It was a great experience, and we saw hundreds of elephant, cape buffalo, zebra, warthogs, kudu, even lions and a jackal! I had never thought or hoped to have a cape buffalo 4 feet away or an elephant 6 feet away, but both happened today and it was spectacular! The buffalo was so close Andri wouldn't stay and moved on saying he didn't like how he was moving at the truck. I even managed to get a national geographic worthy photo of a bull elephant spraying water into his mouth with his trunk! Andri said in all the times he has taken people there it has never been anything like it was today. Africa seems to be a pretty lucky place for me! Ended the day going out on a meat hunt and taking a medium sized warthog that I caught out in a cut road as I was sneaking up to my vantage point. Nothing special but another new species for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddragontiger4d

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.