The double has landed

Congratulations on your first double! when the right and left go off for the first time you will have a smile on your face for days, you must take it buff hunting(y)
 
Yep and I'm struggling to not tell my partner that I have it. She would like it I think until she finds out I didn't sell one first!
snap on tools rents big balls with wheels.
 
Good looking rifle. Now let's go buff hunting!
 
Congrats, please let us know how you like the Sabatti, looking into a .470 myself.
 
Congrats, please let us know how you like the Sabatti, looking into a .470 myself.

Well the fit and finish is ok not super but good nonetheless. Engraving is spot on and clean as is the checkering. Just need to shoot her now
 
snap on tools rents big balls with wheels.
Ed my balls are plenty big its just they hurt when she kicks me in them!:Hurting:
 
point well taken.
 
The new Sabatti rifles coming in from IFG are really very good. I have 3 of them in .500 NE, 450/400 3" NE and 9.3X74R. They all regulate very good with the 450/400 and the 9.3 regulating inside of an inch. I just returned for safari in Mozambique with Craig Boddington. I shot 2 buffalo, one with the 450/400 and Craig borrowed it to shoot his 100th buffalo. Craig owns Sabatti's a 9.3X74R wich he also used on this trip and he shot hiw 98th buffalo with it, he also owns a LH Sabatti in .450 NE which he seems to really like too. For the money they are a bargain and compare with guns costing several times more.
 
You are holding your rifle in the wrong place
 
Gents I had my first 20 shots with her yesterday and all I can say is that recoil is not nice!! Mu shoulder is a little tender today but I'm sure I'll live. Now for the grouping. I'm not too happy with it but I think its more me than the rifle. One thing that is worrying is the left barrel is going right and the right left!! But to be honest the spotter is someone who isn't a reliable person. The first few shot of the day seemed to be fine so I'm thinking it must be me. As for the crossing hot barrels possibly?? I was shooting offhand and I guess that wasn't helping. I need to sit down and read the chapter about shooting double rifles in the book by Mr Wright.

Any tips would be super.
 
Gents I had my first 20 shots with her yesterday and all I can say is that recoil is not nice!! Mu shoulder is a little tender today but I'm sure I'll live. Now for the grouping. I'm not too happy with it but I think its more me than the rifle. One thing that is worrying is the left barrel is going right and the right left!! But to be honest the spotter is someone who isn't a reliable person. The first few shot of the day seemed to be fine so I'm thinking it must be me. As for the crossing hot barrels possibly?? I was shooting offhand and I guess that wasn't helping. I need to sit down and read the chapter about shooting double rifles in the book by Mr Wright.

Any tips would be super.

Change out that recoil pad. What you have now is very thin. And I think I'd reduce the number of shots pulled on any trip to the range a bit.

As for your crossing shots, if it's consistent from a firm rest, then I'd say you're needing more load development.
 
Change out that recoil pad. What you have now is very thin. And I think I'd reduce the number of shots pulled on any trip to the range a bit.

As for your crossing shots, if it's consistent from a firm rest, then I'd say you're needing more load development.

The ammo used was factory Hornady 400 grn 416 rigby. I chronoed the ammo it was going at an average 2200fps. But yes im looking at recoil pads as I write this
 
Congratulations! That’s one beautiful bitch!
 
A possible word of warning many, many years ago I had a lovely old george gibbs dbl. .450-400 one day doing load development I shot it so many times in a short period of time the solder melted and I had to have it re-regulated. I sure loved that rifle!
 
A possible word of warning many, many years ago I had a lovely old george gibbs dbl. .450-400 one day doing load development I shot it so many times in a short period of time the solder melted and I had to have it re-regulated. I sure loved that rifle!

How many times is so many? I was letting the barrels cool in between just not fully. It was about 8 degrees centigrade
 
I don't remember it has been over 25 yrs ago, but I think it was around 20 rds. Keep in mind it was a very old rifle, but after Ken Owens repaired and re-regulated it was a 1" grouper. I should never have sold it!
 
Oh crap! I hope I’ve not don’t that to mine
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,090
Members
169,493
Latest member
CortneyRen
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top