The Art of Robert Bateman

Fantastic, I really like it too.
Great ability in capturing that moment, the evening light, the astonishment, fear, rush...
Also I like very much the european mounts and the nice carved shield, I did the same with my best elk racks.
Thank you. The Fallow and Sika stags were both taken in Austria, so the Baroque style plaque seemed most appropriate.

fallow stag.jpg

Thank you. The Fallow and Sika stags were both taken in Austria, so the Baroque style plaque seemed most appropriate.

View attachment 471417
Wow, the fallow is a great trophy indeed! And the plaque is a touch of class. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find carved plaques for my elk, so I just made a good oak, classic shape shield custom made for the size of theyr skulls. As I really like this european touch, I would like to be able to "write" on the skulls (with a small ink pen) like my Granpa used to do on some of his skull trophies, but I don't take this risk...
20220614_191857.jpg

Very neat. I lived and hunted in Germany several years back in the late seventies. A number of the older jaegers would have a wall of roe deer and the occasional red stag, all carefully inked with the date and typically, the location. I never knew any who had hunted Africa.

I do the vast majority of the animals that I keep as Euro mounts. Obviously, they take up less room, but the trophy room/bar/guest house is done in antiques and Euros look really appropriate in that setting.

Trophy Room

Very classy... your passion for the world of hunting is shown with great elegance.
The wild boar shields (and tusks) are are fantastic, too. Nice and warm atmosphere.

This is my best rack, mounted on a oak shield I designed following my taste - I would like to have the courage (and capacity) to write on the skull, and on the shield itself with a white ink...but I don't!
By now my trophies are in a room that is at the same time my laboratory, my library, and my ...cave man I guess, but I know I have to arrange them in a more appropriate way.
20220614_235548.jpg

Some original Bateman paintings (and Seerey-Lesters) sold at a recent auction here in Colorado.
I went to the preview and was very impressed.
Prices quickly surpassed my budget so was pleased to score a Green Heron bronze for a good price!

Some original Bateman paintings (and Seerey-Lesters) sold at a recent auction here in Colorado.
Prices quickly surpassed my budget so was pleased to score a Green Heron bronze for a good price!

I saw those too, but between the big prices and difficult/expensive transport to Europe, I stayed on the side lines :D

Very classy... your passion for the world of hunting is shown with great elegance.
The wild boar shields (and tusks) are are fantastic, too. Nice and warm atmosphere.

This is my best rack, mounted on a oak shield I designed following my taste - I would like to have the courage (and capacity) to write on the skull, and on the shield itself with a white ink...but I don't!
By now my trophies are in a room that is at the same time my laboratory, my library, and my ...cave man I guess, but I know I have to arrange them in a more appropriate way.
View attachment 471446
Very nice. And he’ll of a stag.

Sorry I missed this. Has to be the largest group of Bateman, Banovich, and Seerey-Lester originals that I have ever seen in one sale.

I never had the fortune to see an original work of Bateman, nor of Seerey-Lester, but I would like so much...
And of corse to possess one, but for me too they're out of budget.
Unfortunately there will be very few possibility that a paintings exhibitions of them will reach Italy, maybe a single work or two in a auction.

As for European shields, I did something a bit different with mine-thought they were lovey and had to have one, the oak leaves blended wonderfully for this valley quail mount View attachment 471415View attachment 471416
Now, I had more time to look at your quail mount - it's really a nice piece of woods!
The oak leaves are a special touch...
Are they preserved in some way, with a spray or so? Did you use authentic leaves?

Real leaves preserved in glycerine and formaldehyde on the base as well as the small tree. They have been around for over twenty years-so well worn and aged but still one of my favorites

Real leaves preserved in glycerine and formaldehyde on the base as well as the small tree. They have been around for over twenty years-so well worn and aged but still one of my favorites
Really cool - 20 years is a lot, and the composition is still perfect...
A fantastic way to preserve memories
An art work indeed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross