The Art Of Hunting The Mighty Gaur : A Comprehensive Guide

Following Up Wounded Gaur

During my career as a professional shikaree , l have had to follow up 3 gaurs which were wounded by my clients . 1 gaur had been wounded by a .458 Winchester magnum calibre 500 grain solid metal covered bullet , which had broken the right shoulder of the gaur , but failed to penetrate into the gaur's heart.
2 Gaurs were wounded by clients who were using .460 Weatherby magnum calibre Mark 5 Weatherby bolt rifles.

There is a point which l did not mention in my section " Shooting The Gaur " , which l felt should be mentioned in this section . There actually WAS a larger calibre than the .458 Winchester magnum , which was commercially available during our time . It was called the .460 Weatherby magnum and this is the rifle calibre which @Kawshik Rahman has been dreaming of trying for the last 50 years , since none of his clients ever brought a .460 Weatherby magnum calibre rifle for shikar to Darjeeling.
However , l have had no less than 5 of my clients bring a .460 Weatherby magnum calibre rifle to Nagpur for shikar and being brutally honest , l never thought too highly of it . The .460 Weatherby uses a 500 grain .458 calibre bullet , just like the .458 Winchester magnum. However , unlike the .458 Winchester magnum ( which lacks sufficient powder space ) the .460 Weatherby magnum actually has ample cartridge case capacity to use a charge of powder large enough to properly propel the 500 grain bullet . However , therein lies the problem. The .460 Weatherby magnum uses TOO much powder propellant . What this does , it that it causes excessively high velocities . The 500 grain solid metal covered bullets , when propelled at these excessively high velocities tends to deform and distort without providing proper penetration on thick skinned game ( which is EXACTLY the sort of game for which Mr. Roy Weatherby had designed the .460 Weatherby ) . True enough , both of my clients who brought a .460 Weatherby magnum Mark 5 bolt rifle for a gaur shikar in India , had their 500 grain solid metal covered bullets completely distort when they attempted to use their rifles to shoot 2 gaurs . This inevitably lead to me having to follow up the wounded gaurs and finish them off . Today , with the prevalence of hand loading and " Monolithic Solid " bullets , l do believe that better performance from the .460 Weatherby magnum calibre can be had , as my learned fellow forum member , @kurpfalzjäger can personally attest to. By hand loading the .460 Weatherby magnum cartridge case to a more predictable velocity and by using a solid brass " Monolithic Solid " bullet which will not distort ( on account of it's single piece construction . ) , the .460 Weatherby magnum can prove to be a remarkable performer on the largest of African cape buffalo .

When wounded , a gaur will react violently. If any of the members of the shikar party are visible to the gaur , then the gaur will immediately charge towards his tormentors , intent on inflicting grievous bodily harm upon them . If no members of the shikar party are visible to the gaur , then the gaur will quickly retreat into the thickets and lie in wait , to ambush his pursuers.
I can assure you all that following up a wounded gaur into the thickets is 1 of the most dangerous tasks , which a professional shikaree may ever need to carry out , 2nd only to having to follow up wounded panthers into the thickets . The gaur will invariably charge at the shikar party from very close range and usually the professional shikaree only has no more than 4 seconds to take aim at the gaur and get off a shot into the gaur's vital regions. Due to the immense nature of the size and weight of the " Grey Forest Ghost " and the dense nature of the Indian bush , an observant and alert shikaree can fortunately always hear the gaur closing in towards the shikar party , as it moves through the thickets . The shikaree should always keep a cool head and pay attention with his eyes and ears to any leaves being rustled , or the sounds of any twigs or branches breaking . These are tell tale signs that the wounded gaur is making it's way towards the shikar party.
The shikaree should then immediately snap up the rifle to his shoulder and refrain from firing until he has taken aim at the heart of the charging gaur which is located at the base of the brute's chest and tucked right between the gaur's 2 fore legs .
As l had previously mentioned , a .375 Holland & Holland magnum calibre 300 grain solid metal covered bullet is not capable of stopping a charging gaur wtith 100 % reliability. This is because the .375 Holland & Holland calibre 300 grain solid metal covered bullet makes for a very small hole in the heart of the gaur and the brute can some times keep charging members of the shikar party for up to 22 minutes , without displaying any tell tale symptoms of fatigue or weakening .
Therefore , a rifle calibre utilizing at least a 500 grain bullet would be my preferred choice to dispatching a wounded charging gaur , as it will not only punch larger holes in the heart and lungs of the gaur , but a well aimed heart shot taken from a broad side position with such a large calibre can often break both shoulders of the gaur and immobilize it on the spot .
Were l to name my ideal rifle for having to follow up wounded gaur ( based on all the rifle calibres which l have actually seen being used on Gaur during my career ) , then l would doubtlessly opt for a .476 Westley Richards calibre side by side double barreled rifle , built by Lebeau Courally . Such a rifle would be equipped with double triggers , 24 inch long barrels and no automatic safety . The rifle would be regulated for the new Kynamco 520 grain cartridges , which ( l understand ) are extremely close in performance ( if not better ) to the old ICI Kynoch cartridges for the .476 Westley Richards calibre .
Unlike the task of following up a wounded panther , where a double barreled weapon is an actual necessity ( on account of the sheer speed of the panther . ) , there is no such hard and fast rule when it comes to following up wounded Indian gaur . This is because most shikarees ( of average competence ) can easily operate their bolt rifles swiftly enough to chamber 3 cartridges and get off at least 3 shots at a charging gaur's heart .Thus , any shikaree who prefers to follow up a wounded gaur with a bolt rifle may easily do so without any risk to his person. I should think that any rifle chambered for a calibre including or larger than the .458 Lott , would do marvellously on a charging gaur of the largest size.
Below , is a photograph taken by myself of a gaur which was killed by my good friend , the late Tobin Stakkatz and l when the gaur had charged at us 1 day , while we were out in the forests of Nagpur , hunting small game . The brute weighed above 2000 pounds.
Screenshot_20191201-063848_01_01.png

I would like to add that it is technically possible to dispatch a charging gaur with a frontal brain shot . You see, dear readers ... When a gaur charges at it's miserable victim , it's head will stay raised until it is roughly within 10 paces of it's intended target. At that point , it will lower it's head to engage his victim with his sharp , curved horns. A shikaree armed with a rifle of at least .338 Winchester magnum calibre , using a 250 to 300 grain solid metal covered bullet can actually fire at the gaur's head and kill it instantly with a frontal brain shot. However , l do not recommend this practice in the slightest , because I find it extremely risky . There is practically NO margin for error whatsoever. If a gaur gets to within less than 10 paces of you and you are using a bolt rifle , then you better pray that the bullet strikes true . Because , if there is even a slight miss , then you shall be gored to death . There will not be enough time , at this range for most shikarees to chamber a 2nd cartridge into their bolt rifle.
Thus , l am always an advocate of the frontal heart shot for dispatching charging gaurs .

Another fascinating and informative article. Anxiously awaiting the next episode. I have the same question as IvW. From the photo, the heart and lungs appear to be very high in the gaur.

General Remarks

In my 10 year career as a professional shikaree , l have killed 15 gaurs from 1961 to 1970 . 10 gaurs were shot for my personal hunting ( in order to harvest the meat ) . 3 gaurs were wounded by my clients which needed to be followed up . 1 gaur had charged my shikar party on the spot , when a 500 grain solid metal covered bullet from the client's .458 Winchester magnum calibre bolt rifle failed to pierce both lungs of the gaur .
1 gaur had to be killed when my friend, Tobin and l randomly crossed paths with it once , while we were hunting small game in the forests of Nagpur .
The weapon with which l dispatched all those gaurs , is photographed below by myself .
FB_IMG_1575727193927.jpg

It is a 12 Bore double barreled side by side shot gun made in Belgium , with 3 inch chambers , extractors and 28 inch long barrels ( the left barrel is fully choked and the right barrel is a modified choke . ) I loaded the gun with Eley Alphamax 3 inch High Brass cartridge cases , which l hand loaded with 16 Bore spherical balls of hardened lead ( 16 bore , so as to allow the ball to pass through even the tightest of fully choked 12 Bores without damaging the chokes of the shot gun . )
For my personal hunting , what l would do was to wait near a " khaal "( water hole ) , usually sitting on top of a tree or some times on top of a crudely built macchan . I would wait for a gaur to come near the " Khaal " to drink water , never more than 30 yards away from my location . When the gaur had its broad side completely exposed to me , then l would fire my shot gun at it , intent on achieving s double lung shot . In this regard , the 1 ounce spherical lead ball worked pretty well . It would pierce both lungs of the gaur and punch a sufficiently large hole through them . The gaur would them take off , coughing blood from it's mouth and blowing blood from it's nose . Not a single gaur ever made it past 80 yards without expiring ; dropping lifeless on the lush green Indian forest floor.
However , a 12 Bore shot gun loaded with spherical ball cartridges is FAR from being an appropriate weapon to use for something as vicious and monstrous as a 2000 pound gaur. This was more of a case of me finding a way to make what weapon l had , work successfully on the gaurs. I used that 12 Bore shot gun , because it was all l had . I would rather be much more comfortable hunting gaurs with a .476 Westley Richards calibre double barreled side by side rifle , with double triggers , 24 inch barrels and no automatic safety , using a 520 grain solid metal covered cartridge .

I hope that that this article has proven enjoyable and l shall now commence replying to all the all the time left by my dear readers on this article . I shall write my next article for African Hunting Forums next week , hopefully.

THE END

Major, I think your six part article would make a good book with six chapters.
Why thank you so much , Master Smith . That is a very good idea. The 6 chapters could cover the 6 Indian dangerous game animals which were legally permissible for hunting during my time.

Friend Ponton
He's just a ball of muscles. Is that protrusion on his withers more muscle or what. Looks like a weight lifter on steroids.
I think I would like a minimum of 404 Jeffery for that brute. Sounds like he would charge you just for the fun of it and a bit of exercise.
Cheers mate Bob
That , Bob is raw hardened muscle ! No animal is as foul tempered as the Indian gaur. You could not have worded it better. It is as if gaurs treat charging at human beings to be some form of macabre exercise . While l am certain that a .404 Jeffery with it's 400 grain bullet could work decently on most gaurs , weighing less than 2000 pounds , l would actually prefer a larger calibre with at least a 500 grain bullet for the heaviest bull gaurs weighing in excess of 2000 pounds .

Friend Ponton
I have just finished reading your other story on the gaur that almost ended a career, I left a reply on it for you.
I just read this one as well once again another well written historical piece of work. I enjoy your writings imensly and rate them in the same class as the works of Seleous and Ruark. Please keep writing stories such as these remind me of why I hunt. Even tho I'm 61 at times I wish I was old enough to have experienced these times.
Cheers my learned friend
Bob Nelson.
It would have been my privilege to have guided such a fine gentleman such as yourself for shikar during my career , Bob. Out of curiosity , is there any particular Indian game species which you would have liked to have hunted ? A royal Bengal tiger , perhaps ? Or a gaur ?

It would have been my privilege to have guided such a fine gentleman such as yourself for shikar during my career , Bob. Out of curiosity , is there any particular Indian game species which you would have liked to have hunted ? A royal Bengal tiger , perhaps ? Or a gaur ?
Friend Ponton
Given the chance I would have liked to hunt royal Bengal tiger, gaur, leopard and sloth bear. Talking to my PH in Namibia he said a wounded lion usually attacks once and runs off where as the leopard will attack any and all in a hunting party. Any of these would be formidable game. Harald the owner of the property we shot on once took a leopard with a 25/06 Winchester. It's not his rifle of choice but was what he had at the time. Harald is an excellent shot with any weapon.
It would have been a privilege to have had a fine gentleman as your self and Sgt Rahman as shikarees. I'm sure many a long hour would have been spent around a camp fire or over a meal talking hunt, rifles and culture.
Keep writing my friend I enjoy the reading .
Keep well friend
Bob Nelson

Great story, and it took some efort and time to write. Thank you, Sir.
Question:
Is there any place today where gaur can be hunted legally by foreign hunter? In natural range, or introduced?
It does not matter how much time and effort these articles take me to write , Mark Hunter. As long as l have appreciative readers such as yourself who enjoy my articles , it shall be my privilege to keep writing them.
To the best of my knowledge , there are no places where a gaur can be legally hunted these days , unfortunately. I shot my last gaur in 1970 and l really miss their coarse beef. Their porter house steak made for very good eating .

Internet google search, came out with few offers on Texas ranches.

However, I first learned of gaur hunts, on this forum, thus made the question of LEGAL hunt possibilities, world wide.

Many species threatened in their native range have been introduced somewhere, and are possible to hunt, legally in new habitats where introduced.
Gaur is obviusly dangerous game, DG, thus to me very appealing.

IUCN status, vunlnerable, numbers decreasing.
Numbers (6.000 - 21.000) - are defined in very wide margin, basically, real numbers look uncertain to me.
BTW - IUCN states "possibly extint in Bangladesh". On this point our forum members, @Major Khan and other may comment on that as well.
https://www.iucnredlist.org/species/2891/46363646#geographic-range

View attachment 328159
I have never seen a gaur in Bangladesh ever since l became a Bangladeshi citizen in 1972 , Mark Hunter. If there were any gaur in Bangladesh , then l really would have loved to have shot 1 once a year.
If dangerous game is your fancy , then you could not have picked a brute more imposing than the mighty gaur.
I can personally assure you that the gaur was never endangered in India until 1972. Each shikaree ( regardless of whether they were local shikarees or foreign client shikarees ) were only allowed to shoot 1 fully grown male gaur every season ( which lasted 8 months . ) After the Indian government banned hunting in 1972 to fulfil their retarded vegan agendas ... THAT is when the poaching became so rancid that gaur populations in India began to dwindle . Today , in Indian forests , l can attest for a fact that there are tens of thousands of gaur roaming around , which regularly attack villagers who venture out into forests . Multiple times of the year , there are even reports of gaurs breaking into human territories and wreaking havoc.
However , the Indian government ( comprised entirely of vegans and anti hunting Hindu lunatics ) continues to label ALL their wild game as endangered , in order to justify their filthy hunting ban .
They label the sambhur deer endangered
They label the cheetal deer endangered.
They label Muntjac deer endangered.
They label label Barasingha endangered.
They label hog deer endangered.
They label black buck endangered.
They label 4 horned buck endangered.
They label Chinkara endangered.
They label gaur endangered.
They label greylag geese endangered.
They label Asian Sloth Bear endangered.
They label jungle fowl endangered.
They label chukar endangered.
They label quails endangered.
They label pigeons endangered.
They label cranes endangered.

They label panthers endangered and
they label royal Bengal tigers endangered . Even though the number of man eating panthers and royal Bengal tigers in India is currently higher than ever , and the most serious of human - wild life conflicts occur near the edges of India's wild life reserves , these bastards have still kept their hunting banned , at the costs of thousands of local people suffering .

They are a bunch of filthy , cow urine drinking , monkey worshipping pieces of shit who like to make up false statistics about all of their game animals being endangered to justify their filthy hunting ban . They are so petty in their agendas that even though they have recently permitted the culling of Neelgai and Wild Boars in Uttar Pradesh and Kooch Bihar , out of necessity ( as these troublesome animals cause unimaginable damage to the crops of farmers . ) , they will not let the cullers keep any of the meat for their own consumption. All the animal carcasses must be burnt on a pyre .
Let that sink in , for a second . They are SO petty in enforcing their retarded vegan preaching that even when they NEED to cull wild boars and Neelgai out of necessity , they will not let anyone enjoy the meat.

Last edited:
I looked up Mr. Tom Bolack ( Former Governor of New Mexico). He was an interesting character. Mainly a rancher near Farmington who got into politics. Conservative politics in New Mexico probably hasn’t happened since his era.
I should hope that you do not mean that New Mexico has currently fallen to the Democrats , Ridge Walker . Democrats are a cancer upon society.

Poton, this was another excellent article, I'm looking forward to the remaining segments. Off topic a bit, Kawshik mentioned that you might be going after another crocodile, what is happening in that regard?
Thank you so much for always being so appreciative about all of my articles , Shootist43 . I should hope that you enjoy the rest of it . Regarding the problem animal in Bikhrampur ... perhaps a private message would be better at this moment ?

How can the heart shot be higher than the double lung shot?
You will forgive me , IvW. I very recently learnt how to " mark " photographs on my smart phone . Drawing a straight line with my finger on the touch screen will probably take a bit of practice . I noticed that my marks were not very precise as well. However , by the time l noticed , the 30 minute mark had been exceeded and thus , l could not edit my photograph any more .
I have tried to draw more straight lines this time , so that the diagram can be easier for you gentlemen to understand .
Screenshot_20200202-030255_01_01.png

The Blue X signifies the point of aim for the double lung shot. The Red X signifies the point of aim for the heart shot . If this does not work , then l will have to print the photograph and then draw the X marks over it by hand with a marker to show you gentlemen the point of aim .

I have never seen a gaur in Bangladesh ever since l became a Bangladeshi citizen in 1972 , Mark Hunter. If there were any gaur in Bangladesh , then l really would have loved to have shot 1 once a year.
If dangerous game is your fancy , then you could not have picked a brute more imposing than the mighty gaur.
I can personally assure you that the gaur was never endangered in India until 1972. Each shikaree ( regardless of whether they were local shikarees or foreign client shikarees ) were only allowed to shoot 1 fully grown male gaur every season ( which lasted 8 months . ) After the Indian government banned hunting in 1972 to fulfil their retarded vegan agendas ... THAT is when the poaching became so rancid that gaur populations in India began to dwindle . Today , in Indian forests , l can attest for a fact that there are tens of thousands of gaur roaming around , which regularly attack villagers who venture out into forests . Multiple times of the year , there are even reports of gaurs breaking into human territories and wreaking havoc.
However , the Indian government ( comprised entirely of vegans and anti hunting Hindu lunatics ) continues to label ALL their wild game as endangered , in order to justify their filthy hunting ban .
They label the sambhur deer endangered
They label the cheetal deer endangered.
They label Muntjac deer endangered.
They label label Barasingha endangered.
They label hog deer endangered.
They label black buck endangered.
They label 4 horned buck endangered.
They label Chinkara endangered.
They label gaur endangered.
They label greylag geese endangered.
They label Asian Sloth Bear endangered.
They label jungle fowl endangered.
They label chukar endangered.
They label quails endangered.
They label pigeons endangered.
They label cranes endangered.

They label panthers endangered and
they label royal Bengal tigers endangered . Even though the number of man eating panthers and royal Bengal tigers in India is currently higher than ever , and the most serious of human - wild life conflicts occur near the edges of India's wild life reserves , these bastards have still kept their hunting banned , at the costs of thousands of local people suffering .

They are a bunch of filthy , cow urine drinking , monkey worshipping pieces of shit who like to make up false statistics about all of their game animals being endangered to justify their filthy hunting ban . They are so petty in their agendas that even though they have recently permitted the culling of Neelgai and Wild Boars in Uttar Pradesh and Kooch Bihar , out of necessity ( as these troublesome animals cause unimaginable damage to the crops of farmers . ) , they will not let the cullers keep any of the meat for their own consumption. All the animal carcasses must be burnt on a pyre .
Let that sink in , for a second . They are SO petty in enforcing their retarded vegan preaching that even when they NEED to cull wild boars and Neelgai out of necessity , they will not let anyone enjoy the meat.
Friend Ponton
Unfortunately you can't legislate against stupidity and ignorance. We live in hope that their own karma comes back and bites them on the arse by returning them as an even lower form of life than they are now. Even better that they come back as prohunting activists.
Cheers friend Ponton
Bob Nelson

Another fascinating and informative article. Anxiously awaiting the next episode. I have the same question as IvW. From the photo, the heart and lungs appear to be very high in the gaur.
Thank you so much for your never ending appreciation for my writings , New Boomer. Perhaps , this updated diagram may be of assistance ?
Screenshot_20200202-030255_01_01.png

I have an extremely difficult time drawing straight lines with my finger on the screen of a smart phone. I am new to this feature.
Both the lungs and the heart of these brutes are quite massive. The Blue X signifies the point of aim for the double lung shot. The Red X signifies the point of aim for the heart shot.

Legal hunting for very endangered species would be conceivable. There are always problem animals or very old animals that can be released for shooting. This is controversial , but could bring in money that could in turn serve to protect nature.

A good example is the Wisent in eastern Europe where animals are released for shooting each year. The difference is that we are in Europe , the habitat has been preserved , the population of Wisent are under very strict control and the poaching is almost zero. The situation is different in south and southeast Asia where neither the habitat nor the animal population can be under strict control. There is also poaching , which is very difficult to combat. Therefore , there is only the possibility to try to preserve the wild populations through absolute protection and strictly laws , and thus an absolute ban on hunting.
1 thing which l am extremely proud of about Bangladesh , Kurpfalzjager is the way they increased the population of sambhur deer in an area named " Nizoom Deap " . In the late 1990s , the population of sambhur deer in that area was critically endangered due to uncontrolled hunting ( Hunting in other parts of Bangladesh was fortunately always controlled ever since our Independence in 1971 , so we never had this problem in other areas ) . For 5 years , the Bangladeshi government prohibited any hunting of sambhur deer in Nizoom Deap . This allowed the population of sambhur deer to increase again and within 5 years , there were thousands of sambhur deer on Nizoom Deap again . Then the Bangladesh government fortunately decided to allow the hunting of sambhur deer in Nizoom Deap once again . However , this time the hunting is far more controlled . Each licensed hunter is only allowed to shoot 2 fully grown sambhur deer every year on Nizoom Deap . I am really proud of the way our government handled the matter by getting the sambhur deer population to increase again and then re allowing the hunting of sambhur deer once again , but this time , in a more controlled manner.
It shows that if we work hard , it often IS possible to both maintain the animal population AND continue to enjoy hunting and use hunting as a powerful conservation tool.
In Pakistan , the current government has done the same thing by allowing the hunting of the Markhor goat , but in a controlled and sustainable manner. Up until the 1990s , the Markor goat was hunted uncontrollably in Pakistan. Then , for 10 years the hunting of Markhor goats in Pakistan got banned. After the Markhor goat population significantly increased once again , in Pakistan ... the new government re legalized the hunting of Markhor goats once again , but this time in a much more controlled manner .

If the Indian government was sensible and fair , then they would do the same thing with at least SOME of their game species . Unfortunately , vegans and common sense are 2 words that simply do not belong together .

Last edited:
1 thing which l am extremely proud of about Bangladesh , Kurpfalzjager is the way they increased the population of sambhur deer in an area named " Nizoom Deap " . In the late 1990s , the population of sambhur deer in that area was critically endangered due to uncontrolled hunting ( Hunting in other parts of Bangladesh was fortunately always controlled ever since our Independence in 1971 , so we never had this problem in other areas ) . For 5 years , the Bangladeshi government prohibited any hunting of sambhur deer in Nizoom Deap . This allowed the population of sambhur deer to increase again and within 5 years , there were thousands of sambhur deer on Nizoom Deap again . Then the Bangladesh government fortunately decided to allow the hunting of sambhur deer in Nizoom Deap once again . However , this time the hunting is far more controlled . Each licensed hunter is only allowed to shoot 2 fully grown sambhur deer every year on Nizoom Deap . I am really proud of the way our government handled the matter by getting the sambhur deer population to increase again and then re allowing the hunting of sambhur deer once again , but this time , in a more controlled manner.
It shows that if we work hard , it often IS possible to both maintain the animal population AND continue to enjoy hunting and use hunting as a powerful conservation tool.
In Pakistan , the current government has done the same thing by allowing the hunting of the Markhor goat , but in a controlled and sustainable manner. Up until the 1990s , the Markor goat was hunted uncontrollably in Pakistan. Then , for 10 years the hunting of Markhor goats in Pakistan got banned. After the Markhor goat population significantly increased once again , in Pakistan ... the new government re legalized the hunting of Markhor goats once again , but this time in a much more controlled manner .

If the Indian government was sensible and fair , then they would do the same thing with at least SOME of their game species . Unfortunately , vegans and common sense are 2 words that simply do not belong together .
Friend Ponton
It is good to see the foresight your government has shown. It's a pity the Indian government has not shown the same. If they realised the money hunting generates it may be different.
A joke for you
They have discovered a new word that means lousy hunter.
Vegetarian.
Keep safe my friend
Bob

I should hope that you do not mean that New Mexico has currently fallen to the Democrats , Ridge Walker . Democrats are a cancer upon society.
Sadly they have control of New Mexico. Even sadder is the fact they are in control of my lovely wildlife rich state of Colorado. The self appointed greenie conservation ignorant population is now trying to vote to bring in the gray wolf into Colorado. A species which has never lived here. It will devastate the elk, deer and antelope populations and could eventually start killing humans. They don’t care!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.