The accuracy of the Netflix series "trophy"

Thumper Mcgee

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
NRA
Hunted
U.S
I was in an argument with a anti hunter and he kept mentioning the series "trophy" on Netflix, which apparently is about unraveling the mysteries of the trophy hunting industry... I was wondering if anyone who has seen it can tell me if it's accurate

No,
I’m looking now, Don’t argue with the anti’s , there’s no point

It doesn’t seem listed on Netflix at least on my Australian account.
There are similar shows to watch

Hmmm...never heard of it. Will have to check it out now

Your anti friend should turn off his close minded anti goggles when watching it and watch again. I actually send antis to watch it. The producer literally says in the documentary himself, that he started this project to destroy hunting in Africa. But then when he started making the movie, he realized there was more to this story and as per always, two sides to every story. I found it very unbiased and not pro hunting or anti. Which is what antis actually need, to get some education. Of the couple dozen people I have sent to watch it, all come back with a more central point of view. As a matter of fact I overheard a conversation in my office once with a girl who was SOOO ANTI that I sent to watch it. Where she actually was defending hunting to a new employee and was suggesting that she watch the same documentary. I heard that and simply walked away and let nature take its course lol.

Well done documentary and yes @Philip Glass may have some comments on the documentary. Michael Jordon cried once and has had a decade of memes about it. Philip got off easy lol.

I was in an argument with a anti hunter and he kept mentioning the series "trophy" on Netflix, which apparently is about unraveling the mysteries of the trophy hunting industry... I was wondering if anyone who has seen it can tell me if it's accurate
It’s not a series it is an Emmy award winning documentary film released in 2017. I am one of the principal characters in this film. It was a story that opened up people from all walked of life to discuss trophy hunting and conservation. I made great inroads when speaking in person to here people around the country.
It started a conversation that continues today.....
Philip

Your anti friend should turn off his close minded anti goggles when watching it and watch again. I actually send antis to watch it. The producer literally says in the documentary himself, that he started this project to destroy hunting in Africa. But then when he started making the movie, he realized there was more to this story and as per always, two sides to every story. I found it very unbiased and not pro hunting or anti. Which is what antis actually need, to get some education. Of the couple dozen people I have sent to watch it, all come back with a more central point of view. As a matter of fact I overheard a conversation in my office once with a girl who was SOOO ANTI that I sent to watch it. Where she actually was defending hunting to a new employee and was suggesting that she watch the same documentary. I heard that and simply walked away and let nature take its course lol.

Well done documentary and yes @Philip Glass may have some comments on the documentary. Michael Jordon cried once and has had a decade of memes about it. Philip got off easy lol.
Yes it started a conversation that continues in a positive way even today.

I saw it on Netflix. It's a fair look at both sides of the issue and describes how poaching and loss of native habitat to human population are the most significant factors to any decline in species. Also looks at game management with a particular focus on the gentleman who is ranching rhinos and trying to get them accepted as a managed species.
Kudos to Phillip Glass for his involvement.

its hard to convince someone who thinks animals are equal to humans

It’s not a series it is an Emmy award winning documentary film released in 2017. I am one of the principal characters in this film. It was a story that opened up people from all walked of life to discuss trophy hunting and conservation. I made great inroads when speaking in person to here people around the country.
It started a conversation that continues today.....
Philip

I thought that it was very fair.

its hard to convince someone who thinks animals are equal to humans

No sense in trying. Move on to the next person and spend your efforts there.

Just finished watching Trophy, very unbiased and worthwhile watching IMHO

I saw it on Netflix. It's a fair look at both sides of the issue and describes how poaching and loss of native habitat to human population are the most significant factors to any decline in species. Also looks at game management with a particular focus on the gentleman who is ranching rhinos and trying to get them accepted as a managed species.
Kudos to Phillip Glass for his involvement.
Thank you! I appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg