The .400 Series Cartridge Which No One Seems to Talk About At All

DieJager

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunted
Netherlands, Portugal, USA [FL]
I will gladly continue to enjoy your writing. On the terms that you stop to insult me by calling me a German ;) I'm a Dutchmen.

Major Khan

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I will gladly continue to enjoy your writing. On the terms that you stop to insult me by calling me a German ;) I'm a Dutchmen.
I am so sorry for my ignorance . I did not know that you are from Netherlands . It was my error , DieJager.
I actually found out just now.

318AE

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Thank you so much for your insight. Was your rifle built by the company , Westley Richards ?
Yes, it a Westley Richards with the drop magazine etc. The serial number starts “LT” which I believe indicates it was made when Leslie Taylor was at the helm... It’s certainly pre-war. Westley Richards is a very innovative company. My sense is that the rifle would not feed well without the magazine fingers that sling an otherwise staggered stack of cartridges. It feeds flawlessly, upside down...

kurpfalzjäger

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
What I said.

Hardly anyone will to exert oneself nowadays , if a 404 Jeffery cartridge is relatively easier to built in an regular M98 system.

Does not mean that's not a good cartridge for hunting DG. It is one of the 3 classics that have proven themselves , i mean the 416 Rigby , the 404 Jeffery and our 425WR. Unfortunately , the latter offers a few problems that are disadvantageous to it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pureverags

Latest profile posts

NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal
LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY World Leader In Superior Taxidermy Since 1981

taxidermy-south-africa.jpg