The .400 Series Cartridge Which No One Seems to Talk About At All

DieJager

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
Netherlands, Portugal, USA [FL]
I will gladly continue to enjoy your writing. On the terms that you stop to insult me by calling me a German ;) I'm a Dutchmen.

Major Khan

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I will gladly continue to enjoy your writing. On the terms that you stop to insult me by calling me a German ;) I'm a Dutchmen.
I am so sorry for my ignorance . I did not know that you are from Netherlands . It was my error , DieJager.
I actually found out just now.

318AE

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Thank you so much for your insight. Was your rifle built by the company , Westley Richards ?
Yes, it a Westley Richards with the drop magazine etc. The serial number starts “LT” which I believe indicates it was made when Leslie Taylor was at the helm... It’s certainly pre-war. Westley Richards is a very innovative company. My sense is that the rifle would not feed well without the magazine fingers that sling an otherwise staggered stack of cartridges. It feeds flawlessly, upside down...

kurpfalzjäger

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
What I said.

Hardly anyone will to exert oneself nowadays , if a 404 Jeffery cartridge is relatively easier to built in an regular M98 system.

Does not mean that's not a good cartridge for hunting DG. It is one of the 3 classics that have proven themselves , i mean the 416 Rigby , the 404 Jeffery and our 425WR. Unfortunately , the latter offers a few problems that are disadvantageous to it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andreasryy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh