Tests to enter South Africa scrapped, irrespective of Vaccination Status

Excellent ! We Fly out July 15th.

It makes no sense anyway. With the new B4 and B5 variants of Omicron recent studies have shown that vaccines and having Covid in the past do not matter.

My niece and her husband went to Paris and then to Geneva to meet my sister and my nephew. Well, niece picked up Covid in Paris and gave it to everyone. All but my sister are over it already (she was the last one to get it). My niece and her husband had Covid in December of '20 and were vaccinated and boosted. Still got it and according to her just as severe as first time (cough, sore throat, light fever).

It will be around forever just like the flu.

Good news!1 Only wish it happened 1 month earlier when I was flying to SA! Great news for all, you guys leaving soon have 1 less major thing to worry about!

This is great news! The uncertainty of traveling is now limited to the usual incompetence of the airlines and airport staff. My family and I were stuck outside the country for a week because my wife and daughter tested positive the day before our original return date. Of course, the US ended the test requirement a week after we finally got back. I’m planning a hunt in the Eastern Cape next season and now will have one less thing to worry about.

Hope the sanity holds! Just an FYI not related to Africa travel exactly but may apply to other travel plans. Just had a real dust up with Japan Airlines yesterday on another itinerary. I would avoid Japan at all costs. It seems they've gone retro paranoid bat sheit covid crazy again.

Great news for my early July Hunt.

Debating still getting a PCR Test before leaving as a precaution incase they change their minds while I'm in the air. I think, I'll likely still need a test heading from RSA to Namibia though. We'll see what happens in the next 2 weeks.

Landed in Johannesburg two hours ago. Waved the thermometer gun at me from ten feet and proceeded to passport inspection. No mention of anything covid related. Stamped my book and off I went to baggage. Grabbed my bow case from oversize area and walked out the door. No inspection of the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.