Tech companies and spying

sgt_zim

AH ambassador
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
5,559
Reaction score
22,225
Location
Richmond, Texas
Media
33
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
3
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
South Africa, Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
I really hate all of the tech giants. "Hate" is a strong word, and "all" doesn't leave me with any wiggle room. But I just hate them. Funny coming from a guy in the tech business.

The latest on Google/Android. As much as I hate Apple, I may have to finally switch to an iphone.


I have worked with CheckMarx in the past, an Israel-based IT security company best known for their source code static analysis tool. They are one of the best in the world.
 
Google is trying to play this off as a "woopsie." Yeah, right. We "accidentally" kicked most of the camera apps from the play store except ours.
 
I was a big apple fan until they screwed me. Long story and that was an iPhone 4. Have been with Android since. Working in excel was always easier. I have been told that iPhone can now do work excel too but I don't know. Either way I know for a fact the amount of spyware out there is scary and the things it can do is even more so.

I guess I'm getting old but the cost of phones is beyond the point of ridiculous. I know tech cost but seems like we are getting better selling features than a better built phone.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.12 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 150
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.15 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 147
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.17 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.20 AM.png
    479.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.22 AM.png
    511.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.24 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.56.27 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 145
I was a big apple fan until they screwed me. Long story and that was an iPhone 4. Have been with Android since. Working in excel was always easier. I have been told that iPhone can now do work excel too but I don't know. Either way I know for a fact the amount of spyware out there is scary and the things it can do is even more so.

I guess I'm getting old but the cost of phones is beyond the point of ridiculous. I know tech cost but seems like we are getting better selling features than a better built phone.
I've never owned anything but Android - mostly Samsung, but I did have a Google Pixel II XL a few years ago. I liked it quite a lot.

As to cost, they're still cheaper than PCs were 30 years ago, and you don't even have to account for inflation to realize how much cheaper they are. Smart phones are really handheld PCs that allow you to make phone calls easily.

I bought an IBM in 1991, paid about 2K for it. Included 2MB RAM, a 20MB HDD, a video card that supported either 8 or 16 colors, and sound card that was a joke, and no built-in networking capability. Don't remember which CPU it had, but the ones today are multiple orders of magnitude more powerful than they were 30 years ago
 
I've never owned anything but Android - mostly Samsung, but I did have a Google Pixel II XL a few years ago. I liked it quite a lot.

As to cost, they're still cheaper than PCs were 30 years ago, and you don't even have to account for inflation to realize how much cheaper they are. Smart phones are really handheld PCs that allow you to make phone calls easily.

I bought an IBM in 1991, paid about 2K for it. Included 2MB RAM, a 20MB HDD, a video card that supported either 8 or 16 colors, and sound card that was a joke, and no built-in networking capability. Don't remember which CPU it had, but the ones today are multiple orders of magnitude more powerful than they were 30 years ago
I do remember my father coming home with our first desktop 30 years ago. He had an IT guy at work build it for him. I just remember him saying it had 1 gig of memory and no way we would ever use it all.

I too have been with Samsung for a while. I cracked the screen on my S8+ I just replaced the screen. I did not want to spend 1700 on a nee phone.

I do understand what you are saying, it's the same way with cars and trucks right now.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,671
Members
169,814
Latest member
TREChara7
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top