Taxidermist Recommendation?

I just had 16 animals done in SA, 14 shoulder/pedestal, 1 full body and 1 rug. Plus a back skin rug, gun case and shell holder belt from my buffalo hide made. Taxidermy + extras was $7800 shipping was $3300. Quality was great, service was great. Plus turnaround was only 12 months, Hunted in July 22, received trophies July 23.
Which taxidermist did you use?

I watched the splitting image video today they make a heck of a good argument for getting it done in RSA and with the shipping problems now days ‍♂️♂️

Splitting Image is who I am using for my Cape Buffalo and Crocodile.

I watched the splitting image video today they make a heck of a good argument for getting it done in RSA and with the shipping problems now days ‍♂️♂️

Careful! I have been waiting 10 months for my dip / pack and 2 carved heads to ship.
Just this week my dip and pack reached Badger cargo. My carved heads are not done . The sales manager says that their carver has issues so he will ship the carvings to me when they are done for no charge.

Last edited:
Update : splitting image got my carvings done and they will ship with our Buffalo etc. on Sept 17 via Badger cargo. Good news after 10 months.

Update : splitting image got my carvings done and they will ship with our Buffalo etc. on Sept 17 via Badger cargo. Good news after 10 months.
Glad we got your carving done.
We certainly do apologise for the delay in getting your order home. We know you will be thrilled with the carving work on those skulls.

so 3k for a Kudu shoulder mount isn’t going to work. Price needs to be logical.
Good point, and great sense of humor! (y)

I paid my kudu shoulder mount, 400 eur. (or maybe it was 500?) But in any case, that was the level of payment.

But it is at my place, overseas, EU. Shipping costs would make the effort pointless in your case.

I used High Point taxidermy in Thornville, OH for my last trip.
8666.jpeg

Glad we got your carving done.
We certainly do apologise for the delay in getting your order home. We know you will be thrilled with the carving work on those skulls.

Trouble happens , next year I’ll be back and you will do my work again !
Warrick was a problem solver and told me the truth !

Who did the taxidermy work for you in RSA?
I just had 16 animals done in SA, 14 shoulder/pedestal, 1 full body and 1 rug. Plus a back skin rug, gun case and shell holder belt from my buffalo hide made. Taxidermy + extras was $7800 shipping was $3300. Quality was great, service was great. Plus turnaround was only 12 months, Hunted in July 22, received trophies Jul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaR8063

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.