Talk about price gouging

Earle

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Orillia gun Club, Bancroft Fish and Game Club
Components here in Canada are hard to come by, and pricey. Checked this morning to see if Cabela's had any powder in stock. Very little and priced around $80 a lb, CDN. What caught my attention was a notation stating a shipping fee of $250 CDN. That's just wrong. Period.

Components here in Canada are hard to come by, and pricey. Checked this morning to see if Cabela's had any powder in stock. Very little and priced around $80 a lb, CDN. What caught my attention was a notation stating a shipping fee of $250 CDN. That's just wrong. Period.
Elwood Epps in Orilla shows some powders in stock. Give them a call probably have everything you need.

I actually live a few blocks from Epp's, and the truth is, they have very, very little powder in stock, and virtually none of the popular one's. Thanks for the thought tho.

Assuming that your imperial dictator would let you leave and return, come south of the border and stock up.

How far do you live from Cabela's?

Impossible to import powder (or live ammo) into Canada and the only Cabela's is 30miles away, but none in stock. My point was that $250 delivery if ordering online is outright robbery. There are only a few Cabela's in all of Canada. Many would have no option other than to order on-line.
Assuming that your imperial dictator would let you leave and return, come south of the border and stock up.

How far do you live from Cabela's?

Impossible to import powder (or live ammo) into Canada and the only Cabela's is 30miles away, but none in stock. My point was that $250 delivery if ordering online is outright robbery. There are only a few Cabela's in all of Canada. Many would have no option other than to order on-line.
This has nothing to do with Cabelas. The problem is that no carriers want to transport powder. I know some stores won’t even sell powder online due to the extreme shipping costs, or others that won’t even tell you the shipping until you’ve paid and checked out.

Your best bet is to have Cabelas ship it to your store, but that’s a crap shoot as to when it will actually come in. I know I’ve cancelled orders after waiting a year for certain components to come in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg