CoElkHunter
AH ambassador
@CoElkHunterBingo! Thanks to @JimP heads up, I ordered 100 225gr. TTSX from Barnes at $56/50box. They had no other choices available in that weight.
Not any more!Barnes Bullets have quite a few .338 TTSX 225 grain in stock and the price is only $10 more than last year for a box of 50
They dont have them anymore either.Bingo! Thanks to @JimP heads up, I ordered 100 225gr. TTSX from Barnes at $56/50box. They had no other choices available in that weight.
I have primers. Mail me a bottle of RL17 in a fruitcake!
Just looked, they show over 5000 in stock for .338 TTSX 225 grainThey dont have them anymore either.
Their website still allows me to order the TTSX 225gr? The TSXs are out of stock. We'll see if my order stands.They dont have them anymore either.
I think you were looking at the TSX bullets, which they are out of?Not any more!
I wouldn't know as I have never used them. But, it's one of the few bonded bullets available right now, so I thought I would try them. I'm surprised they actually have that many in stock right now, but probably not for long.I have not used the Tipped before, they shoot as well as the TSX?
They shoot just as well in my 340 Weatherby and they are a boat tail where I think that the TSX are just flat base. But I haven't verified that since I am just shooting the TTSX bulletsI have not used the Tipped before, they shoot as well as the TSX?
But they are not a bonded bullet, solid copper.I wouldn't know as I have never used them. But, it's one of the few bonded bullets available right now, so I thought I would try them. I'm surprised they actually have that many in stock right now, but probably not for long.
I know. I guess I should have said it's one of the non cup and core bullets available. I was focusing on finding a bonded bullet instead of a monometal type, as the longer solid copper ones apparently need a faster powder. I don't currently have anything between H4831/H4831sc and W748 or RL15. So, the hunt is on for RL17. I'll have to look again at the online Barnes reloading table for a substitute powder that I actually may be able to find in stock.But they are not a bonded bullet, solid copper.
Have any 4350? Believe its close to R17. The Re powders seem to be very scarce.I know. I guess I should have said it's one of the non cup and core bullets available. I was focusing on finding a bonded bullet instead of a monometal type, as the longer solid copper ones apparently need a faster powder. I don't currently have anything between H4831/H4831sc and W748 or RL15. So, the hunt is on for RL17. I'll have to look again at the online Barnes reloading table for a substitute powder that I actually may be able to find in stock.
No I don’t, but I see where either IMR or H4350 will work. I’ll keep my eye out for those. Thanks!Have any 4350? Believe its close to R17. The Re powders seem to be very scarce.
The slower 4831, R19, R22 I guess works well in the more voluminous Weatherby case? I use H4831 for my .270 Win. If one has the time, I think a lot of powders in the same burn speed range could be tinkered with. I’ve never had/taken the time to do it though.I've got 7 lbs + of IMR 4831. I decided to quit using it right after I bought the 8 lb jug.
I'm shooting RL22 in my .340 and Barnes doesn't even list the load that I am shooting anymore in their new manual.
When whats left of my 5 lb jug is gone I may look at RL19, I've got part of a pound of it left from some other loadings.