Swift Aframe 338 225 Gr

Bingo! Thanks to @JimP heads up, I ordered 100 225gr. TTSX from Barnes at $56/50box. They had no other choices available in that weight.
 
Bingo! Thanks to @JimP heads up, I ordered 100 225gr. TTSX from Barnes at $56/50box. They had no other choices available in that weight.
@CoElkHunter
You are a happy little Vegemite now mate.
All you need is primers and powder.
Bob
 
Barnes Bullets have quite a few .338 TTSX 225 grain in stock and the price is only $10 more than last year for a box of 50
Not any more!
 
Bingo! Thanks to @JimP heads up, I ordered 100 225gr. TTSX from Barnes at $56/50box. They had no other choices available in that weight.
They dont have them anymore either.
 
They dont have them anymore either.
Just looked, they show over 5000 in stock for .338 TTSX 225 grain
Screenshot_20220108-191531_Firefox%20Beta.jpg
 
Yes, I was looking for TSX, not the tipped. I wasn't savvy to how their site works.
 
I have not used the Tipped before, they shoot as well as the TSX?
 
I have not used the Tipped before, they shoot as well as the TSX?
I wouldn't know as I have never used them. But, it's one of the few bonded bullets available right now, so I thought I would try them. I'm surprised they actually have that many in stock right now, but probably not for long.
 
I have not used the Tipped before, they shoot as well as the TSX?
They shoot just as well in my 340 Weatherby and they are a boat tail where I think that the TSX are just flat base. But I haven't verified that since I am just shooting the TTSX bullets


I just looked and the TSX is also a boat tail bullet
 
I wouldn't know as I have never used them. But, it's one of the few bonded bullets available right now, so I thought I would try them. I'm surprised they actually have that many in stock right now, but probably not for long.
But they are not a bonded bullet, solid copper.
 
But they are not a bonded bullet, solid copper.
I know. I guess I should have said it's one of the non cup and core bullets available. I was focusing on finding a bonded bullet instead of a monometal type, as the longer solid copper ones apparently need a faster powder. I don't currently have anything between H4831/H4831sc and W748 or RL15. So, the hunt is on for RL17. I'll have to look again at the online Barnes reloading table for a substitute powder that I actually may be able to find in stock.
 
I've got 7 lbs + of IMR 4831. I decided to quit using it right after I bought the 8 lb jug.

I'm shooting RL22 in my .340 and Barnes doesn't even list the load that I am shooting anymore in their new manual.

When whats left of my 5 lb jug is gone I may look at RL19, I've got part of a pound of it left from some other loadings.
 
I know. I guess I should have said it's one of the non cup and core bullets available. I was focusing on finding a bonded bullet instead of a monometal type, as the longer solid copper ones apparently need a faster powder. I don't currently have anything between H4831/H4831sc and W748 or RL15. So, the hunt is on for RL17. I'll have to look again at the online Barnes reloading table for a substitute powder that I actually may be able to find in stock.
Have any 4350? Believe its close to R17. The Re powders seem to be very scarce.
 
Have any 4350? Believe its close to R17. The Re powders seem to be very scarce.
No I don’t, but I see where either IMR or H4350 will work. I’ll keep my eye out for those. Thanks!
 
I've got 7 lbs + of IMR 4831. I decided to quit using it right after I bought the 8 lb jug.

I'm shooting RL22 in my .340 and Barnes doesn't even list the load that I am shooting anymore in their new manual.

When whats left of my 5 lb jug is gone I may look at RL19, I've got part of a pound of it left from some other loadings.
The slower 4831, R19, R22 I guess works well in the more voluminous Weatherby case? I use H4831 for my .270 Win. If one has the time, I think a lot of powders in the same burn speed range could be tinkered with. I’ve never had/taken the time to do it though.
 
.338 works best with powders in the not super slow range. R19 is one of the best, the 4350's are good, even IMR4831, but not much slower.
I have had good shooting of late with NORMA URP, but havent chronoed anything, but it shoots good. Norma says its about like 4350 but its somewhat slower I suspect by my loading as I am well beyond their website max loads with no pressure signs.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,784
Members
169,619
Latest member
CameronCou
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top