Swift A Frame Results

TOBY458

AH ambassador
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
5,419
Reaction score
16,329
Location
Madison Georgia, USA
Media
212
Articles
3
Hunting reports
Africa
8
USA/Canada
1
20180724_100522.jpg
20180723_140455.jpg
20180724_171903.jpg
20180724_172839.jpg
20180726_164319(0).jpg
On a recent Cape Buffalo/PG hunt with Pawprint Safaris in South Africa, I took a nice buffalo with my Winchester 70, 416 Rem Mag and Swift A Frame bullets. The load drove the 400 grain bullets to around 2325fps. It was a frontal shot at approximately 75 yards. This load is very mild in my rifle, but did a great job! I also took 7 more animals with my Kimber 375 H&H with factory Federal Premium 300 grain Swift A Frame ammo. All one shot kills, except for the Waterbuck, which I gave an insurance shot, just before he was going down. These bullets gave wonderful results, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Also a huge thanks to Pawprint Safaris for a great hunt!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations on a successful hunt!

-matt
 
Can't complain about those results.
 
Great animals!

Congratulations on a very successful hunt.
 
Excellent bullet performance on one fine buffalo! I really like those deep curls!
All very good looking trophies! That impala looks exceptional! Very handsome!
Congratulations! I guess you’re a little sad to be back?
 
I have used the Swift A-Frames for PG in 338win mag, 257R, 257W and 30-06 all with excellent results and nice bullet expansion.
 
Excellent bullet performance on one fine buffalo! I really like those deep curls!
All very good looking trophies! That impala looks exceptional! Very handsome!
Congratulations! I guess you’re a little sad to be back?
Thanks! Yes, the reality of going back to work is sinking in now!
 
3FF749D5-93C9-413D-A35A-115DB7EF9557.jpeg
359CFC02-442E-44D5-8380-65808F5145C5.jpeg
Can’t wait to try my 180 gr A-Frames out of 300wsm in Namibia 2020.

Great hunt, thanks for the report.
 
Looks like great bullet expansion. Congrats on some nice trophies.
Bruce
 
456D4E72-F7FC-4665-9C33-693B0B861480.jpeg

Toby’s buffalo in the back of the truck headed to camp.
 
Man, you got some nice trophies. Congrats on a very successful hunt. That Toy looks like it's loaded down pretty good. So when are you going back, to Africa, not work? :D
 
Yep, definitely a serious infection of safarisafricanus multa. :LOL::LOL:
 
Nice. Congratulations on your hunt. I'm sure that you're planning on an encore appearance.
I'm also a 416 Remington fan and enjoy it. Though decidingly over gunned, I just shot two woodchucks with it, just to stay safari ready.

Sent from my SM-G930T using AfricaHunting mobile app
 
Looks like a great hunt! Congrats on some great trophies. I like that .416 and .375 combo. Great bullet performance.
 
Congrats on the hunt! A frames are awesome and I have had great results with them as well!
 
Nice. Congratulations on your hunt. I'm sure that you're planning on an encore appearance.
I'm also a 416 Remington fan and enjoy it. Though decidingly over gunned, I just shot two woodchucks with it, just to stay safari ready.

Sent from my SM-G930T using AfricaHunting mobile app
How far in to orbit did those two whistlepigs go?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,588
Members
169,590
Latest member
JosephGrefe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top