Suggestions for Roe Deer Hunt in Europe...

nkjonas

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
SCI, NWTF, DU, RMEF
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Guatemala, South Africa x4, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Poland x2, Czech Republic, Spain.
My wife and I have been contemplating traveling to Europe to hunt Roe Deer in 2013. I have researched a variety of outfitters in many different countries, but would appreciate any information from those who have hunted Roe Deer in Europe. Does anyone have any outfitters that they would recommend? I am looking for 3-4 days of hunting and 1 Roe Deer in the 300-400 gram range. Thanks in advance for your input.

Nathan Jonas

I have never been to Poland myself, but as I understand, then it is a good choice when it comes to hunting value for the money if you want a good chance at a 300-400 gram Roe buck.
Hungary is great, but tends to be pricey.

The English skills of the Polish and Hungarian stalkers/guides are often not the best, so if you see that as a problem, then England or Scotland will be better.

I think South England is a great choice for big bucks.

If you hunt in the rut, calling the bucks are very exiting and addictive. So be prepared to want to shoot a few more bucks :)

I know one outfitter in England that I would recommend, but I am not totally sure about the rules about posting names of non-member outfitters on the forum, so PM me if you want his name.

there is great roe deer stalking in england. i have done it a couple of times a few years ago in the southwest. there is a general website about stalking in the uk called Deer Management . i have shot in hungary and as norwegianwoods said the majority of guides arent too good at english. also you can get hold of charlie at Big Game Hunting, Wing Shooting and Fishing packages from Shavesgreen Safaris who is an AH member from the uk. i am sure he could put a package together for you.

LATVIA is my most favorite country to hunt roe and most other european game.
Good population of roes.

PM sent.

Two of my latvian roes: first one with 470 gramms, second one is my latest one I shot there, around 350 gramms.

031-2.jpg

061-1.jpg

Attachments

• 061-1.jpg
    061-1.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 2,514
  • 031-2.jpg
    031-2.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,099
is it possible to hunt the Roe Deer in February?

In some countries you can hunt Roe deer in February, but usually it is does or/and yearlings only.
I am rather sure you can hunt Roe does in February in England and Scotland.

Most bucks drop their antlers before Xmas and some drop them as early as early September.
I have shot Roe bucks around september 15 that had already dropped their antlers, but I have also shot a Roe buck that had his antlers firmly stuck on his head December 26th.
In February I think all bucks have started to grow new antlers.

Beautiful photos Martin!

Thanks,
btw, here is something special you ONLY find in Germany, northern part: BLACK roes, freeranging of course. Got him during rut 2013.

Attachments

• P1020745_zpsfd3489f2.jpg
    P1020745_zpsfd3489f2.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 239
Very Nice!

Very cool Martin.

I would love to shoot a black Roe buck once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuigrande

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross