Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Well as many of you here know I’ll be attempting a second go around at leopard in May of 2019 in Namibia. My PH is already trying to pump me up ( as if I really need it!) with some trail cam pictures of a cat he has on bait. Long time off of course but it’s always fun to see.

CEE7E311-F70F-45AC-A23D-AA7217F06CB7.jpeg
DEB97236-CA61-4071-93CD-4719D8A32B1E.jpeg
DB8D7911-D377-47A3-89AE-F4C3F42DED7E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
He should be really fat if he sticks around.
Nothing like trail cam pictures to create some anticipation.

He should be really fat if he sticks around.
Nothing like trail cam pictures to create some anticipation.
Lol. He should be the size of a Saint Bernard!

Only one thing will drag him away from easy food. ..........

Ya I know. Not sure what the drought situation is. I know in 2015 when I was there the drought ruined my chances.

Same thing that drags most of us away from the Reloading bench or a cold beer? Lol

Game cam pics like that just bring a smile to your face and add to the anticipation for next years safari. Enjoy the prep time and look forward to seeing your hunt report

even drags us away from a football game,hot wings and cold beer. That thing Brought you here and it will take you away.

I everyone sure that cat is a male? I didn't see any evidence of that. But then I'm not a leopard guide or hunter either.

Really not important at this point since we’re not a week away. I know he has a lot of cats on his place. I thought the same thing but it’s fun anyway to see. His head though is large enough. Could be a male

I everyone sure that cat is a male? I didn't see any evidence of that. But then I'm not a leopard guide or hunter either.

The third picture indicates it as a male. The thickness of the root of the tail as well as the testicles.

Although this is a mature male, looking at the size of the head and the thickness of the neck and lack of any scars, it indicates that this is not a old male. The track would be the same size as a female.

His daddy may well come past after doing the rounds through his home range and settle in...

Latest pic sent to me yesterday, my PH took this picture of a leopard just walking the road in daylight.

83AD249E-EE1A-4EAE-A190-A71CCCCCD1DE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Could well be the same mature but young male, again indicated by the thickness of the root of the tail(no nuts visible). It would be typical behavior for a younger up and coming male to patrol during daylight hours..as long as the dominant male is out patrolling his home range.

Not wanting to burst your bubble but this is not a shooter male in my books... a bit concerned that there is no footage yet of a old battle scarred male....they have large home ranges so I would hang in there and see if he comes past....

Rest assured when the big boy comes past this male will vacate the area...

Really not concerned to be honest. I know the area has a lot of cats. In the past several years I’ve seen pictures of cats he had on his farm. No shortage of good males. Only need to be lucky during my hunt.

Reactions: IvW
Good luck . Dream hunt for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg