Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand

buck wild

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
You own reference pics of course :)

p6290262-jpg.221051

Attachments

• P6290262.JPG
    P6290262.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 212

buck wild

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
NICE Kudu and now since Hauser forms are going to be avail in the states without overseas shipping I can get that exact pose.

I have been altering quite a few kudu forms to tilt the heads down to accentuate the horns so I'm glad to see this line of forms will be coming to the US. Who is expected to carry them @The Artistry of Wildlife ?

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
They have that picture and used that for a guide. I just did not want the ears to look like every other kudu or some so called reference picture of another kudu. Each animal is different and should be made to look different to match that animal. I take pictures just so the taxidermist has reference picture for my animal.

This form did grow on me the more I looked at it and I am glad I use the pose now.

outwestidaho

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, cape of south Africa , Namibia, Alaska, British Columbia, Manitoba

huntinlabs

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
@billc that kudu mount made my wife change how she wants hers mounted now. LOL beautiful mount!

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
@billc that kudu mount made my wife change how she wants hers mounted now. LOL beautiful mount!
This thread of Bill’s has been doing a lot of that. Even changed my animal list for my hunt!

huntinlabs

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
This thread of Bill’s has been doing a lot of that. Even changed my animal list for my hunt!
my animal list cant be changed now since we are already back lol. but it will make you think about animals on future hunts for sure!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Kudu looking good!!

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
I am glad it helps some people out. It is one of the reason I like posting stuff and even bother to do so.

I am just glad I don't need to pay for any ones list changing. LOL Like for guys who add eland. :whistle:;):)

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
I am just glad I don't need to pay for any ones list changing. LOL Like for guys who add eland. :whistle:;):)
Oh shoot, I was preparing an invoice!

Northwest9

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, SSAA
Hunted
Australia, NZ, Fiji, Namibia
I am glad it helps some people out. It is one of the reason I like posting stuff and even bother to do so.

i met christiaan last week on my hunt. he drove out to the outfitters place to meet me and the other bloke that was there.

really nice bloke, spent ages chatting, and showed me some of the progress photos he had of your eland.

he has my trophies to do now

Jackal Full mount
Warthog shoulder mount
Hartebeest Shoulder
Steenbok wall Pedistal
Zebra Rug
Springbok Shoulder
Oryx Shoulder mount

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
billc, all of your animals are looking great! My stuff just landed a week ago from Nambia as well. Bought home the bulk of it in skull and horn form, no mounting. But left my eland bull and my boys hartebeest for shoulder mounts. Be a while...

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
i met christiaan last week on my hunt. he drove out to the outfitters place to meet me and the other bloke that was there.

really nice bloke, spent ages chatting, and showed me some of the progress photos he had of your eland.

he has my trophies to do now

Jackal Full mount
Warthog shoulder mount
Hartebeest Shoulder
Steenbok wall Pedistal
Zebra Rug
Springbok Shoulder
Oryx Shoulder mount

You doing the standard springbuck or the wall ped like I had them do mine in. I like the wall ped shows the colors better I think. They are a great group of guys and they work hard to put out great mounts.

Springbuck 2.JPG

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
billc, all of your animals are looking great! My stuff just landed a week ago from Nambia as well. Bought home the bulk of it in skull and horn form, no mounting. But left my eland bull and my boys hartebeest for shoulder mounts. Be a while...

Thank you. I am sure you are glad to get some of the stuff home. Who is mounting the red and eland for you. I am sure you excited about the eland since you worked hard to get one.

justin wiles

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NWTF
Fingers crossed for you Bill.

I have a shipment of Namibian trophies to mount, that are coming over to Australia for a client of mine. The tanning and skull prep is all by Ingwe. For my client's sake, I'm hoping for a much better outcome than the last Namibian taxidermist I used personally. Keep us posted!

Great looking Eland form.

Cheers
blacks

How did that shipment turn out?

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
How did that shipment turn out?

Hope he post something so we all know.

I will add to this thread once I see my stuff in person in july but I am happy right now. Work looks great to me in the pictures. They were very easy to work with also and us got back to me in a timely fashion. Sent pictures when I asked also.

Pretty sure they will being my next trophies from Namibia also.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Everything is looking great! Man I wish I had space for such fine mounts!

Jeffrey Masters

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA, Mexico, Lower 48, Alaska
Picture of my 2 warthog skulls. They normally come on wood plaque but I make my own so just did the skulls. I think they came out really well.

View attachment 222489
Have you thought about metalizing the skulls and leaving the tusks white. Pretty awesome look!

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Have you thought about metalizing the skulls and leaving the tusks white. Pretty awesome look!

I have thought of it and may do one at sometime. I am planning on doing them on a shield we make not sure if I will do both on shield yet or not. That will decide if one gets the metal finish or not. The shield they will go on is a mahogany shield so much darker then this one so thinking the white will show off better.

20180528_185115.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeMir

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.