Start of my Namibia Taxidermy

You own reference pics of course :)

p6290262-jpg.221051

Attachments

• P6290262.JPG
    P6290262.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 284
NICE Kudu and now since Hauser forms are going to be avail in the states without overseas shipping I can get that exact pose.

I have been altering quite a few kudu forms to tilt the heads down to accentuate the horns so I'm glad to see this line of forms will be coming to the US. Who is expected to carry them @The Artistry of Wildlife ?

They have that picture and used that for a guide. I just did not want the ears to look like every other kudu or some so called reference picture of another kudu. Each animal is different and should be made to look different to match that animal. I take pictures just so the taxidermist has reference picture for my animal.

This form did grow on me the more I looked at it and I am glad I use the pose now.

@billc that kudu mount made my wife change how she wants hers mounted now. LOL beautiful mount!

@billc that kudu mount made my wife change how she wants hers mounted now. LOL beautiful mount!
This thread of Bill’s has been doing a lot of that. Even changed my animal list for my hunt!

This thread of Bill’s has been doing a lot of that. Even changed my animal list for my hunt!
my animal list cant be changed now since we are already back lol. but it will make you think about animals on future hunts for sure!

Kudu looking good!!

I am glad it helps some people out. It is one of the reason I like posting stuff and even bother to do so.

I am just glad I don't need to pay for any ones list changing. LOL Like for guys who add eland. :whistle:;):)

I am just glad I don't need to pay for any ones list changing. LOL Like for guys who add eland. :whistle:;):)
Oh shoot, I was preparing an invoice!

I am glad it helps some people out. It is one of the reason I like posting stuff and even bother to do so.

i met christiaan last week on my hunt. he drove out to the outfitters place to meet me and the other bloke that was there.

really nice bloke, spent ages chatting, and showed me some of the progress photos he had of your eland.

he has my trophies to do now

Jackal Full mount
Warthog shoulder mount
Hartebeest Shoulder
Steenbok wall Pedistal
Zebra Rug
Springbok Shoulder
Oryx Shoulder mount

billc, all of your animals are looking great! My stuff just landed a week ago from Nambia as well. Bought home the bulk of it in skull and horn form, no mounting. But left my eland bull and my boys hartebeest for shoulder mounts. Be a while...

i met christiaan last week on my hunt. he drove out to the outfitters place to meet me and the other bloke that was there.

really nice bloke, spent ages chatting, and showed me some of the progress photos he had of your eland.

he has my trophies to do now

Jackal Full mount
Warthog shoulder mount
Hartebeest Shoulder
Steenbok wall Pedistal
Zebra Rug
Springbok Shoulder
Oryx Shoulder mount

You doing the standard springbuck or the wall ped like I had them do mine in. I like the wall ped shows the colors better I think. They are a great group of guys and they work hard to put out great mounts.

Springbuck 2.JPG

billc, all of your animals are looking great! My stuff just landed a week ago from Nambia as well. Bought home the bulk of it in skull and horn form, no mounting. But left my eland bull and my boys hartebeest for shoulder mounts. Be a while...

Thank you. I am sure you are glad to get some of the stuff home. Who is mounting the red and eland for you. I am sure you excited about the eland since you worked hard to get one.

Fingers crossed for you Bill.

I have a shipment of Namibian trophies to mount, that are coming over to Australia for a client of mine. The tanning and skull prep is all by Ingwe. For my client's sake, I'm hoping for a much better outcome than the last Namibian taxidermist I used personally. Keep us posted!

Great looking Eland form.

Cheers
blacks

How did that shipment turn out?

How did that shipment turn out?

Hope he post something so we all know.

I will add to this thread once I see my stuff in person in july but I am happy right now. Work looks great to me in the pictures. They were very easy to work with also and us got back to me in a timely fashion. Sent pictures when I asked also.

Pretty sure they will being my next trophies from Namibia also.

Everything is looking great! Man I wish I had space for such fine mounts!

Picture of my 2 warthog skulls. They normally come on wood plaque but I make my own so just did the skulls. I think they came out really well.

View attachment 222489
Have you thought about metalizing the skulls and leaving the tusks white. Pretty awesome look!

Have you thought about metalizing the skulls and leaving the tusks white. Pretty awesome look!

I have thought of it and may do one at sometime. I am planning on doing them on a shield we make not sure if I will do both on shield yet or not. That will decide if one gets the metal finish or not. The shield they will go on is a mahogany shield so much darker then this one so thinking the white will show off better.

20180528_185115.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg